Vets & VIPs only please - Channel numbers for country / regions same as Sly required.

wooshman

VIP Member
Good evening people, firstly I am sorry that I have only asked for Vets and VIPs only but if it is answered by everyone I will have a load of replies and they will all contradict each other ad I can manage to do that on my own on a daily basis.

OK, this is what I require please

On the Sly box, it is plugged in and you get your EPG. The EPG works out of the box. I want to make sure that the custom_swap.txt details I give are correct for everyone.

So I will start the ball rolling but they are not in any order just how I typed them. Although England are the best at rugby (look at me and my sports reference yay me)

England - We have a bog standard 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, we can't do other channels as we get to confused.
BBC1 HD
BBC2 HD
ITV
Channel 4
Channel 5

Republic of Ireland, or is it RoI or ROI? I know there are channels RTE 1 or something and 2 and others I think, but where do they come on your EPG please? Remember to use what a Sly box would use as standard. If RoI has
RTE 1
RTE 2
something else here
Channel 4
Channel 5

Does that make sense??

Northern Ireland
Same as above please, are you BBC 1, BBC 2 HD, ITV like England or do you also have your own channels which would be on the sly EPG as standard Like ROI do?

Scotland - now on AutoBouquet E2 there is Scotland West and Scotland East - is there a difference? Are they certain channels for 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 that differ from West ad East? Are they both BBC1, 2, ITV, 4 and 5?

Wales - I think you are like England and have a standard 1,2,3,4,5 setup

Now a little bird told me that for N Ireland, Sucmnsee was my go to man. Wheelo for ROI, or both of you could answer both?!

Scotland - I need to know if there is a difference between West and East and what the channels are

Wales.... I did call Tom Jones but h said he only has freeview so couldn't help, anyone?

England, I have already listed it, but but I know dsayers is excited to answer this one and his post count to do with a bump, so knock yourself out DS, do it for England :-)

Thanks in advance.

Wheelo ..... much love... shhhhhhhh

woosh just wait until the next WALES vs england match and we will see who the BOSS is around here:butkiss:

In England BBC1 HD wont give regional news/programs but ITV HD will, I have mine setup as (on custom)

BBC1
BBC2 HD
ITV1 HD
Channel 4 HD
Channel 5 HD

Hope this helps mate :)

In England BBC1 HD wont give regional news/programs but ITV HD will, I have mine setup as (on custom)

BBC1
BBC2 HD
ITV1 HD
Channel 4 HD
Channel 5 HD

Hope this helps mate :)

Yeah this is the sly standard to save the non regional screen showing with BBC news etc. We tend to leave it swapped with HD and change channel if we need to but I may leave BBC as SD as you do.

HI Wooshman, the last time I had an official SkyHD box in Ireland TV3 was in the RoI channel 3 slot and UTV for N.I.
Scotland has regional STV, and also STV Glasgow (west) and Edinburgh (east), if that makes sense? Its early on a Saturday lol

P.S. I do admre the effort your putting in mister, my hat is off to you lol

So:

RoI
BBC1, BBC2, TV3 channel 4 and channel 5?

And Scotland I have no idea...lol I have to go by Autobouquet E2 also and I get Scotland East and Scotland West to choose from, so do I use STV for the 3rd channel for both?

Hi
When I last had an official box in ROI ch5 was not on the epg
It was rte1, rte2, tv3, tg4 then sky1 etc

Scotland would need two regions, stv 3rd on both but would need an East and west regional

NI was bbc1 NI,bbc2, utv, ch4, ch5 etc

Hi
When I last had an official box in ROI ch5 was not on the epg
It was rte1, rte2, tv3, tg4 then sky1 etc

Scotland would need two regions, stv 3rd on both but would need an East and west regional

NI was bbc1 NI,bbc2, utv, ch4, ch5 etc

Brilliant, thank you.

So when I swap the channels, should I do a straight swap so BBC1 changes positions with rte1 etc?

Scotland does have an east and a west region option so in theory providing stv is swapped with ITV that will be that one sorted?

Last edited:
I know my mates over there prefer Rte to be in place of BBC but personal choice, but they all wanted it that way lol
Scotland would just be stv I reckon
Bbc1 Scotland, BBC2 then stv?

Yeah and you do it so bloody well too. How long has that been there you annoying bugger?

A fantastic answer and removes any doubt as to what should go where.

It pains me to say it but thanks Kiddac lol

Back