Virgin Broadband Wifi slow

Hi guys I switched from BT (80Mbps) to Virgin media (200mbps), however the wifi wasn't great, actually worse than BT's I think.

Anyway I done some research and it appears the hub 3.0 is a load of garbage and people recommend getting a 3rd party router.

I bought a Netgear R6220 off eBay and set it up today thinking it would make it much better but I don't see any difference really, when I put an ethernet through to my computer direct I done speediest and came back 213mbps or something like that, with wifi I, getting 60mbps in back room where I sit on computer. I tried speediest on iPhone same room as router and still only get like 50mbps and only a few metres away?

Any suggestions?

Hi guys I switched from BT (80Mbps) to Virgin media (200mbps), however the wifi wasn't great, actually worse than BT's I think.

Anyway I done some research and it appears the hub 3.0 is a load of garbage and people recommend getting a 3rd party router.

I bought a Netgear R6220 off eBay and set it up today thinking it would make it much better but I don't see any difference really, when I put an ethernet through to my computer direct I done speediest and came back 213mbps or something like that, with wifi I, getting 60mbps in back room where I sit on computer. I tried speediest on iPhone same room as router and still only get like 50mbps and only a few metres away?

Any suggestions?
reboot it. it might then change radio channel for best wifi or manually try yourself for best one

If you've only had it put in today they do say give it 10 days so the router can establish a solid connection on the line ect and you will see speeds drop and go up in those 10 days

Never had any issues with the hub 3 personally I get good speed on WiFi have you checked the WiFi adapter you have that maybe the issue

Back