Virgin Business Broadband switch

siilver

TK Veteran
Just ended my contract on my 200mb broadband
at the min im getting the 200Mbps for £37/m until January then she goes back up to £47. don't want to pay that much that's for sure

Am i better moving over to the business side
350Mbps down and 7Mbps up for £32+ £50 install + there is quidco or TCB (£12ish back) for 24 months
can work out over all the 24 months at £33.58 give or take

seen others have moved over
any problems moving over? not a business
do i cancel my current setup and just set up new with business side ?

Just ended my contract on my 200mb broadband
at the min im getting the 200Mbps for £37/m until January then she goes back up to £47. don't want to pay that much that's for sure

Am i better moving over to the business side
350Mbps down and 7Mbps up for £32+ £50 install + there is quidco or TCB (£12ish back) for 24 months
can work out over all the 24 months at £33.58 give or take

seen others have moved over
any problems moving over? not a business
do i cancel my current setup and just set up new with business side ?
I am on VM 350Mbps but after I complained about outages they awarded me a £15 'loyalty discount' to £38.50/m (new customer tariff) for a year until 04 May 2021. Then I may change to VM Business BB at £32/m plus 20% VAT £6.40 (total £38.40/m) as it offers higher speed 500Mbps and more stability at lower cost. I have also registered my interest in lower cost Gigabit Broadband with a couple of new local providers but they have not yet cabled my street.

The only issue I had is that they didn't inform my previous provider that I was leaving as it states on the website that they would. (previous provider was VM :whistle: ).
I got charged for both even though they used the same line. Just waiting for them to sort out which side of the business is refunding me.
I would do what @TheSource said and cancel. It only takes a couple of weeks to get business broadband installed, so if you haven't had a better offer from retentions in a fortnight, go ahead with ordering business broadband.

Has anyone one tried the virgin media hub 4 yet, if so any info as I have ordered one.
My mate has one he gone on the 1 gigabyte internet he says the Wi-Fi is just as bad as the other hub so he's gone modem mode only and if you phone up with a problem you have to get put through to a special department who deal with the super hub 4 but speed wise it is excellent

Rang bt today to enquire about business broadband as my parents have fibre and its absolutely dog shite and they have engineer after engineer out to look at it
Got told that they use the same equipment and speed wouldnt improve. So probably not worth getting
I thought they would put a new phone line in or something? but apparently not
Looked at sky business and can only get 35-50 download which is a slight improvement
Is there anything else I can do/try?

They did try and sell me this Halo though but at 54 quid a month there is no guarantee it would improve things

is there a difference between brands? if you get a speed with one wi;; it not be the same with all?

only ever had bt and virgin

Business broadband does work out bit more than normal BB. Plus dont think speeds will be much different with business BB if your having issues with your current provider.

Guessing you cant get VM?

No cant get virgin which is a bit shite
All they do is fob you off all the time does my head in

If there not getting speeds what ls been gurenteed then could leave for free with no charges.
Think with business bb they just sort faults ect Alot quicker then home broadband faults could be mistaken.
Open reach won't actually replace new cabling underground till they do full fibre roll out we got told that when we was constantly complaining same with business broadband with sly cause it was still going to be the same line ect nothing would improve even a mesh system hasn't helped with our problems

There saying the speeds are acceptable which is b*llocks cant even stream netflix without constant buffering

Business BB is exactly same speeds as home BB I've had both
Just that issues get fixed quicker, and can usually have fixed IP, that was why I had business for the fixed IP, but business is usually a couple of quid more expensive

It does sound could be issue with the line and also if you move to another provider they usually run on the openreach network so more than likely you will encounter the same issues.

I would personally dispute with them that they are not giving you the minimum guranteed speeds and legally you can leave without pay the charges for the remainder of the contract. You also request for credit back on your bill monthly, but that though wont resolve the issue in question.

Back