Virgin media cowboys

dangerous

TK Veteran
Another quality installation by virgin media, not !!

My neighbour is having some work done and the lads digging up the path have gone through the Virgin media feed to his house. Surely the cable should be protected ?

If the picture it'nt clear the cable was under 1" of dirt then block paving on top of the dirt.
c4b46595db893a2b9ca775b7c82a1952.jpg

I once had to fix a friends cable as the so called engineers never knew how to fix it. All it was that there had been a join in the cable in the pit and had went rusty. Simple fix to cleanup and put back together. She was without internet for 3 weeks up till I had a look

20170725_103612.jpg
This was outside lads property clearly not buried deep enough but at least its got the green weather shield protection on it

Another quality installation by virgin media, not !!

My neighbour is having some work done and the lads digging up the path have gone through the Virgin media feed to his house. Surely the cable should be protected ?

If the picture it'nt clear the cable was under 1" of dirt then block paving on top of the dirt.
c4b46595db893a2b9ca775b7c82a1952.jpg
I have seen this kind of dodgy cabling before. cant believe they get away with it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Unbelievable, if it was in some sort of protective sleeve at least it could of been seen before being chopped with a spade.
Let's hope virgin fix it quick as my neighbour is fuming and may resort to the wires and telegraph method if nothing is done quick. He paid for installation so he's not impressed at all. [emoji50]
16c4ef4e7aa066cd7626bd1b60208d9c.jpg

Unbelievable, if it was in some sort of protective sleeve at least it could of been seen before being chopped with a spade.
Let's hope virgin fix it quick as my neighbour is fuming and may resort to the wires and telegraph method if nothing is done quick. He paid for installation so he's not impressed at all. [emoji50]
16c4ef4e7aa066cd7626bd1b60208d9c.jpg
Looks like an absolute shambles :/

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

this is the normal way they always do it, the only time it goes in trunking is when there's a possibility of a spade going through it, through a flower bed etc

if it's under paving, the paving is protection enough according to VM, mine isn't even under the paving, it's run down the joint between rows of paving slabs

Only reason its not deeper is because they would have used a mole to feed the cable through but should still have checked

just moved to new property in hull couldnt get phone or internet for 5 weeks now how true this is i cannot confirm but in conversations with kcom engineers it was because the hole in the ground were the fibre optic cables were to go was not deep enough and he said there is a legal requirement they have to adhere to and after they redug the hole i was then hooked up to internet and phone

Back