Virgin media streaming

GerrySwe

Virgin media have just instsalled cables into our street. They are offering a TV package but it is not fibre to the preises instead it's streamed via a hdmi mounted stick which is similar to the Sky Glass service. The prices are fairly reasonable and its only a rolling monthly contract so no lengthy contractual agreements. Does anyone have experience of this service and if so, is it reliable. The other issue I have is watching live football. Is this like IPTV when the pictures are up to 2 minutes behind actual game time?

Virgin media have just instsalled cables into our street. They are offering a TV package but it is not fibre to the preises instead it's streamed via a hdmi mounted stick which is similar to the Sky Glass service. The prices are fairly reasonable and its only a rolling monthly contract so no lengthy contractual agreements. Does anyone have experience of this service and if so, is it reliable. The other issue I have is watching live football. Is this like IPTV when the pictures are up to 2 minutes behind actual game time?
Not seen or aware of a virgin media stream stick...but they do have Stream which is a little box that connects to the TV via a hdmi...prices are reasonable compared to sky but your right anything streaming via the net well have a delay similar to IPTV and sometimes worse than IPTV.

Last edited:
I have the stream box package m125 hopefully to be bolted up to M250, boy am i trying. Box itself is perfect only have the free package on it, but it streams netflix prime all catch up. No recording features though. But I like it.... Paul

Not seen or aware of a virgin media stream stick...but they do have Stream which is a little box that connects to the TV via a hdmi...prices are reasonable compared to sky but your right anything streaming via the net well have a delay similar to IPTV and sometimes worse than IPTV.
It's probably the box then that the guys talking about. If this is the line they're going down it's going to kill live sport.

It's probably the box then that the guys talking about. If this is the line they're going down it's going to kill live sport.
Its available to non tv subscribers, just a way to try and get subs, I have had it since ut was trialled.

The stream box will be like now tv and sky go, it will be further behind alot of iptv because they focus on reliability rather than closer to live

The stream box will be like now tv and sky go, it will be further behind alot of iptv because they focus on reliability rather than closer to live
I believe unlike sky stream, the virgin stream uses a form of multicast as you can only use it if you have virgin broadband.

Apparently it's only a few seconds behind live, as opposed to 35-40 seconds for sky stream.

The remote is Exellent similar to firestick we're it will also work all, well most tv settings prime, netflix and the usual suspects available from there. No recording, but does have pause rewind of live streams, which I think is a bonus. Also built in mic to ask for programs.
.... Paul

Attachments

• 1688981159048552595548241827082.jpg
    1688981159048552595548241827082.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
The remote is Exellent similar to firestick we're it will also work all, well most tv settings prime, netflix and the usual suspects available from there. No recording, but does have pause rewind of live streams, which I think is a bonus. Also built in mic to ask for programs.
.... Paul
My new samsung wont pick it up, it works my technomate and firestick ok but not the stream

Back