Virgin message.

Jethro

TK Veteran
My brother has had 3 messages from virgin media saying he is watching illegal content, fraud investigations could arise, as hes got a mag box are they trying to frighten him or should he be worried, any info appreciated.

If he's had the recorded call saying 'this is your ISP, we have logged illegal activity on the account, press 1 to speak to admin' it's a scam, I've had it a few times

Yep they say ISP not virgin media and your Internet will go off in 48 hours etc.
Just ignore it
If you press 1 it will probably be a £8 per minute rip off

We've had quite a few calls like that at work - I keep forgetting to press #1 haha!

On the other hand, i had a letter from VM saying we detected suspicious activity on your account and one of the devices connected to the internet is infected with malware.

Passwords have been changed, devices are being scanned to see if anything is picked up. Web safe has also been activated on the router.

If it was me I would have replied back saying if you didn't wear a striped jumper and a mask you robbing c***s I wouldn't do it see what reply you get then lol those accident ones are best to get to bite but that's for another thread on a different day and would get a ban if I posted my reply :)

Back