Virgin Mobile - Calling 789

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
If there any other Virgin Mobile customers out there.. (you must be wondering what the heck.. why did i chose Virgin Mobile??) you may already know or like me not know that calling 789, which is pretty much an automated service for Virgin Mobile customers, actually charges you 10p per minute?

I have a Blackberry Curve 8520 on contract for £9.99, just because I have a broadband (M), TV (large package), and Virgin phone (landline) with them, so they offered me this sweet deal. With that i get 100 minutes (believe me thats enough for me as i'm more of a texting person), unlimited texts (ofcourse they have that "fair usage policy bullsh*t - you know? the text so small? printedright at the bottom of any of there documents that you'll need a paid of binoculars to frikin read?), 1GB of internet, and unlimited BlackBerry email and messenger.

Now thats the basis of my rant set up, i think its time for the actual rant..

So, i called up 789 (not knowing it costs you 10p per minute for each time you call) and selected the option "2" to see what I have spent and it was telling me since my last bill (i've had this phone for just under two weeks or so now so there really isnt any previous bill) i have an outstanding payment of £9.10?

So i phoned up to check everything was ok, (believe me i was extremely furious, but when i'm on the phone sometimes i'm so annoyed i actually forget what i really wanted to say or what argument i wanted to start, and before you know it, i'm saying thank you very much for your time, put the phone down and stand there and say to myself WHAT THE F*CK AM I DOING?!)

She told me there was nothing to worry about and it was ok, I then said to myself, ive not gone over anything, and ive been charged £9.10 extra i suppose? that would mean i've rung [789] 91 times?!?! Then i thought damn there is something wrong here or i'm really confused! Going to wait for the actual bill to see if i was charged £9.10 extra or whether it was just some sort of confusion.

It did not say this on the documents i recieved for that contract that i would be charged 10p each time i ring the number, its ****in ridiculous. I was on 3G before, and thats like saying i would call the automated number to top up with my debit card or even to use a top up voucher, and just for using the service they are going to charge me 10p per minute?! I've not heard anything like it!

Then i checked on there site to see if it says 10p per minute, and it did:
122ay.png

One thing i want to point out, how the F*CK can it be "freephone" when you charge 10p per minute! WTF is that all about! I would not normally fuss over the likes of "10p" but I now have all 4 services with Virgin Media, and i think i'm in a position to save as much as I can from them.

If i did get charged £9.10 extra then they are getting another f*ckin phone call from me!

If the CEO's of Virmin M3DIA can see this then you've named your company "Virgin" media, but from what i've seen you f*ck your customers pretty hard!!

How can you set up a freephone number where your customers will call and have an automated voice shouting all sorts of options at you, and not tell you that your being charged 10p per minute?!

"We not have 6 options for you, option no.1, oh we will charge you 10 per minute btw? haha, oh option number 2 [waits 20 seconds], yes we want your money so please wait a few more seconds so i can slowly tell you the other options, ok 2 minutes have passed, you may now making your f*CKING SELECTION" Feckin W@NK*RZ!!!!!

Last edited:
Back