Virgin new installation

sash1

I’ve moved. First nightmare. Next I need a new virgin installation. Was told 2 engineers would attend. One to do the installation from the road and one for the inside. The inside bloke comes but no bloke for the outside. Sorry he says and off he goes. New installation date is in 3 weeks time they say and the outside work will be done at some point before that date. So installation date is now this Friday. Finally two blokes turned up yesterday and said we are here to do pre installation. I wasn’t in but wife says fine. They drill a hole through my garden wall. Dig a trench through my garden. At this point my wife decides to go shopping. . They tell her they will have it all done when she gets back. When she gets back they have gone. Nothing else was done. They were supposed to be digging under the path to the house. Then presumably fitting one of those boxes to the wall ready for installation. But they have just effed off and now the engineer will turn up on Friday and say it’s not finished outside yet. I’m pulling my hair out here. Anyone got any ideas who I can talk to as all I get told is my installation will be done on Friday.

Have they just left the duct stuck up at the side of the house so the cable can be pulled through?They probably went through the garden because its easy and faster to dig and cheaper to reinstate than going down the path.

They went under the front lawn. Left the turf tuned up. Then there is a shrub bed where they have left the cable all cooled up. Then there is a two foot wide path the go under in front of the house. I’ve just got off the phone to the virgin pre installation team in Singapore or somewhere. Apparently after a long conversation they have found a note on my account saying “pre installation 80 percent complete. Wasps nest in bushes” ffs they have turned and legged it. Put the bloody thing somewhere else for gods sake. There’s plenty of options. God knows what’s happening now

Sorry you F**kers i have moved to another provider with 1 day installation :X3::X3::X3::X3::X3::X3: ahh the pleasure of a good working install.
Did you find a nest in the bushes as plenty of coming or going will be seen and heard.

VM installs can be a shambles as they don't appear to be able to organize sweet FA. VM take the view that all installs have soft lawns to lay cables & a clear passage to get cables to the property IF they find anything other it causes a delay as it becomes a none standard install & requires additional work to complete which is not reported to the customer who is left thinking all is well & the install will complete as scheduled... poor communication on VM's part :disappointed:

VM installs can be a shambles as they don't appear to be able to organize sweet FA. VM take the view that all installs have soft lawns to lay cables & a clear passage to get cables to the property IF they find anything other it causes a delay as it becomes a none standard install & requires additional work to complete which is not reported to the customer who is left thinking all is well & the install will complete as scheduled... poor communication on VM's part :disappointed:
I noticed that Kiers had taken over installs recently where it used to be Kellys,round here anyway

This is typical of virmin media, I have been with them for around a year now(can't wait for contract to finish next month).
I have had nothing but problems with them, during the installation period they sent my router to the wrong address, it was then sent again to another wrong address after I had phoned them up asking where it was and that i hadnt received.
They finally sent a guy out to install the router and line instead of the quick installation DIY method.
During the installation the guy asked to use the toilet so I showed him where it was, he spent more time in there to be honest
When he came out he then got on with the installation, or so it appeared, all in he was only there 10 minutes at the access point.
Later that evening I went to use the laptop and noticed the WiFi wasn't working. Nothing was working (the guy never plugged the external cable into the splitter)
Pretty pissed off I went for a shower and was horrified to see a big turd protruding from the toilet wiinking at me, it looked like richard branson minus the growth. This was an installation.... And then some.

I soon figured that the shit was probably the only thing these jokers managed to follow through on lol

So all in all virmin are hopeless and provide a real SHIT service.

Last edited:
Back