Virgin settings for vpn use

rapidwrinkly

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Hi i have just got virgin and using surfshark (not got long untill the end of contract) using a Buzz box hard wired i get 550 download and 37 upload, but using a vpn the best i can get is 43 using the wireguard protocol.
On the pc (wireless) the speed is 462 / 37 without vpn and with it is 246 / 35, so no problem on pc.
All web safe settings on the HUB 4 are off.
I have not changed any passwords, should I ?
I can start testing other vpn suppliers but is there any settings that need changing that i don't know about.

Set vpn to auto connect and it will will you the best connection and should be the quickest to.

Its all down to the processing power of what your running the VPN on. Your PC has lots of memory and cpu power to encrypt and decrypt the VPN so it fairs better than the Buzz box. I would not of expected it to be so low though so something is a miss. latest VPN app on it ?

Well that makes sense but surely it shouldn't drop from 550 to at best 43, all my testing was set to Dublin to keep it constant.
I have tried other servers as well and they are very similar.

Well that makes sense but surely it shouldn't drop from 550 to at best 43, all my testing was set to Dublin to keep it constant.
I have tried other servers as well and they are very similar.
Something is not right, on my Formuler Z7+ with Nord i can get around 70mb through the android app. Try another version of the app on the buzz box its not Virgin holding you back as your PC gets decent speeds its the Buzz box or the app on it.

You are correct there is something i am missing, i didn't know there was a different version of the app, yesterday i deleted it and reinstalled from playstore. If there is another app i will get onto surfshark. again.

I've just seen your post and checked mine. I'm on VM 300mb broadband using surfshark, WiFi on firestick. I'm getting 83.34 mbps. Got VPN set to fastest server.

Back