Virgin Style Skin

slimmy46

I'm going insane!
I can't for the life of me remember how to get a virgin skin on my zgemma star h2?
did a back up and update today and just have the standard default epg layout, can i just download virgin skin from plug ins? or do i have to ftp ?
Anyone kind enough to point me in the right direction please?
Thanks in advance and much appreciated :weary:

Last edited by a moderator:
what is on your box atm, if basic ATV then if there is nothing in the 'installable plugins' list then you will need to find the vm skin you want and install it manually.

Once you have installed the skin or If you have a build installed such as Grogbuild FreeRange or Wooshbuild Infinity amongst others that already have a vm skin installed, press the menu button and select Setup -> Usage & Gui -> Skin Setup and select the vm skin you want. The gui will then restart for the new skin to take effect

Hi grog68, thanks for replying, just have open ATV 6.1 currently, I wanted to update online without having to complicate things and put lines on etc, I was already on 6.1 and when i pressed blue button it gave me the option of 2 versions of 6.1, I chose the most recent thinking I could eventually update to 6.2 or better so I let it do its thing, everything is working fine, so I just have the default (blue) epg etc, ideally I'd like to be on the most recent or stable atv with a vir*in skin, so currently in 'skin set up' I only have two choices

if flashing online, where you see the list of 6.1 images, can you press the blue button to bring up a list of 6.2 images?

TBH 6.1 is so out of date, it's no longer updated nor supported, they are currently on 6.3 and working on 6.4 beta so updating is highly recommended. Grogbuild freerange will take your line accross when it flashes if you have one installed.

If you just want to install a vm skin on what you have then I suggest you google 'Kiddac skins' and you should find kiddacs skins which includes vm skins

if flashing online, where you see the list of 6.1 images, can you press the blue button to bring up a list of 6.2 images?

TBH 6.1 is so out of date, it's no longer updated nor supported, they are currently on 6.3 and working on 6.4 beta so updating is highly recommended. Grogbuild freerange will take your line accross when it flashes if you have one installed.

If you just want to install a vm skin on what you have then I suggest you google 'Kiddac skins' and you should find kiddacs skins which includes vm skins
Hi mate, yeh I have found 6.2 and its currently executing, will I find grogbuild freerange once 6.2 is on?

no, grogbuild freerange is a build that you need to install on the box, see GrogBuild - Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

You type a line of code and then answer a few questions, it will then flash the latest atv 6.3 for your box and install everything for you. If you do that, on your box do NOT select a 1080 skin, as they do not appear to work on the older boxes

no, grogbuild freerange is a build that you need to install on the box, see GrogBuild - Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

You type a line of code and then answer a few questions, it will then flash the latest atv 6.3 for your box and install everything for you. If you do that, on your box do NOT select a 1080 skin, as they do not appear to work on the older boxes
Currently installing 6.3 - is there anything else u need to do when that's installed? Be pretty happy with that version for now, the beta version(6.4) I'd be happy to wait until its stable or when I need to install

And now I have nothing with 6.3 on head done in! I tried the openwebif route but it dosent show "Terminal" under the extras, in fact I dont have extra's
I have filezilla but dont know where to copy the code to, any ideas please??

Do you want some help ??
Hiya Moshibeth, many thanks, really appreciate it - ok - I've scraped my brain and realised I needed to start softcam but didnt have one installed so went to plug ins and installed mgcamd which is where my line was if I remember rightly - that seems to have got me viewing again??
So now I am on ATV 6.3 Which is great, so for now that's a relief, I'd love to be able to put a vir*in skin on to make it user friendly for the family, now I have 6.3 is that easy enough to do or is it not as straight forward?
Also grogbuild freerange is it beneficial to put this on? I've struggled to put it on with openwebif as the option under extra "Terminal" doesn't show in my list??

Last edited:
Need to download openwebif terminal from plugins/extensions Ftp the virgin skin to the tmp folder and go to install local extensions on the box

Need to download openwebif terminal from plugins/extensions Ftp the virgin skin to the tmp folder and go to install local extensions on the box
Hi Moshibeth, where do I get the skin from? I think I already have openwebif in the plugins installed on 6.3 I can see it in the list - so what your saying is - put the download skin on into tmp and then go into openwebif via plug ins to install?

Yes, I have team viewer, I have installed openwebif-terminal - what do you need from me from teamviewer moshibeth?
Download the skin from here and pm me your teamviewer details

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-skins-vmhd_V3.000_Chababu_all.zip
    545.7 KB · Views: 19
Back