Virgin TV 360 breakups unresolved by engineer

I'm a new Virgin TV customer suffering intermittent but regular sound and picture break ups on all channels on both boxes, unresolved by a recent engineer visit.

The engineer mentioned the single brown omni box, shared with a neighbour, and criticised the installation and it's poor 'upward slope' - whatever that means - before installing an HDU 200 and declaring it fixed, yet the problem persists.

Could the shared omni be a factor? Any suggestions, including signal level checking methods or possible solution etc, very much welcomed

Last edited:
You can log into your virgin router and get into the signal readings in dB. Your readings should be under I thing -10bd or something. I had the same issues and installed the same booster and got under the threshold.

I've checked router Network Status but am I supposed to be looking at upstream or downstream?

Put the cable into my Zgemma H7 and SNR was around 89% to 94% with around 38db on everything.

I've checked router Network Status but am I supposed to be looking at upstream or downstream?

Put the cable into my Zgemma H7 and SNR was around 89% to 94% with around 38db on everything.
I don't know why you are messing about trying to find out.
You've paid for something that isn't working, it's not up to you to fix it, just ring them and tell them to come and take it out, put a stop on the direct debit and demand a refund of the payments you've already made.
If they can't get it working, they'll have to lay a new cable and install a new Omni box, they're not supposed to be shared anyway

I don't know why you are messing about trying to find out.
You've paid for something that isn't working, it's not up to you to fix it, just ring them and tell them to come and take it out, put a stop on the direct debit and demand a refund of the payments you've already made.
If they can't get it working, they'll have to lay a new cable and install a new Omni box, they're not supposed to be shared anyway
Got an engineer booked although there's a short wait and I'd like to find out what's wrong first especially in case they try to fob me off when they come.

Got an engineer booked although there's a short wait and I'd like to find out what's wrong first especially in case they try to fob me off when they come.
Check the dbmv and snr levels in the router, you can login to it by typing the address into a browser address bar, the router has the address on the bottom.
Upload a screenshot here

In my area there’s been a problem with the tv for a couple of days, blocking and stuttering. It seems to have been fixed today although I haven’t had the tv on much as the cricket has only just started.

My research tells me these readings seem decent enough although there are plenty of Pre RS Errors and Post RS Errors along with 1 T3 Timeout on ch3 and ch4 on the upstream. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Downstream bonded channels.jpg
    Downstream bonded channels.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Pre RS errors don't matter, post RS errors do.
When was last time you rebooted the router?
Leave it off for a good few minutes and power it back on and then check the post RS errors again tomorrow.

The ones you are seeing in the log could have been from weeks ago

Back