Virmin Block

FreshMagix

I have came across a line getting blocked on a hub 2 VM router. The router in question done a remote reboot over the weekend like an update went out an since hasnt cleared

Here is what has happened. to make things clear ill be USER 1 and family member is USER 2

1. Original line wont clear on user 2
2. Put on a different server 24hr test on user 2. Clears fine.
3. Used user 2 original line on my box (user 1) - Clears fine.
4. Put my line on user 2 and wont clear.
5. Set everything back to how it was. Took my router to family house and now their original line clears fine.
6. Factory reset their router and still wont clear line.
7. Plugged back in my router, clears line fine.

Now i have check each router settings and everything is the same and even the software version.

Very strange, put everything points to a port being blocked on their router or area but not mine. Can anyone shed some light on this? For the time being I had to take out another line with another server to over come it.

One thing i never tried was to put the router into modem mode. But i think this wouldn't work anyway as mine is in router mode and is perfect.

Maybe your pay server has blocked your ip from there server

Or there's a Dns problem with pay server Dns

Or you have to repay the pay server

One things for sure virgin would not waste time blocking ip access to known CS servers as this is so simple to get round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe your pay server has blocked your ip from there server

Or there's a Dns problem with pay server Dns

Or you have to repay the pay server

One things for sure virgin would not waste time blocking ip access to known CS servers as this is so simple to get round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coder uk has a good point here very strange that virgin would block 1 but not other .hope you get it sorted

i contacted supplier and have been told all is fine their side. I even put in Googles DNS in case that was the problem.

I also run my own DNS to point to supplier so have tried both his and my own with the same result.

Its got me stumped.

If there was anything left in the ARP then it would have been cleared with the reset is that right? or am I chasing down the wrong route?

Last edited:
I've come across virgin blocking a line, it was overcome by entering Google's DNS. The only issue now is the receiver won't remember Google's DNS settings.
Occasionally when it's checked the setting has disappeared and the receiver is pointing to a virmin media DNS which I find strange. This is showing up in oscam. One way round this would be to put the super hub in modem mode and use a third party router with Google's DNS settings in the router. Or better still try a VPN on the router.

I've come across virgin blocking a line, it was overcome by entering Google's DNS. The only issue now is the receiver won't remember Google's DNS settings.
Occasionally when it's checked the setting has disappeared and the receiver is pointing to a virmin media DNS which I find strange. This is showing up in oscam. One way round this would be to put the super hub in modem mode and use a third party router with Google's DNS settings in the router. Or better still try a VPN on the router.
I'm having an issue with my h2h and it's going down roughly every Friday and I'm taking it back to the guy I got it from and the line is showing active

This has happened 3 times now and wondering if it's something similar

It runs sweet up until end of the week then it needs a new line put on

No other problems with other boxes from supplier

The iptv is fine on it as are the FTA channels

I already checked Google's DNS. I've not had time to go check modem mode yet. I just used another provider to get it going again.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

OpenATV seems to have an issue with remembering changes you make on the box to the DNS, There is code in one of the system files that overwrites any changes you made to the DNS on the box, the workaround is just to comment out 5 lines from this file and your changes are then no longer overwritten. Let me know if you want the details and I'll dig them out.

Grog68

OpenATV seems to have an issue with remembering changes you make on the box to the DNS, There is code in one of the system files that overwrites any changes you made to the DNS on the box, the workaround is just to comment out 5 lines from this file and your changes are then no longer overwritten. Let me know if you want the details and I'll dig them out.

Grog68
That would be great mate thanks.

Grog68
Hi pal,

Yes that would be good ;-)

Not sure if you have my email, but just shout and I'll pm you

On mine I changed the file

/etc/udhcpd.c/50default

6th line down is:
RESOLV_CONF="/etc/resolv.conf"

I changed to this, wanted it still to run but not update my resolv.conf
RESOLV_CONF="/etc/resolv1.conf"

I comment out the last if to fi statements so everything prior worked as it should but it just doesn't overwrite the resolv.conf file. Both probably have the same effect.

Back