Virmin business BB but no tv.

Hi guys,

New to cable side. Just moved to the cable area. I am looking to get VM Bus BB with 350 download but not getting any tv.

Can I hook my box and get TV channels using the same connection by using a splitter?

Currently, I have an active line as I got a new connection but have since cancelled within cooling period. The reason for cancellation was business deal was better and was mis sold on tv package .

Ps : the business line will at residential property.

yes, there are many off us on here that do just that, have VM BB and use a splitter to connect to their box.

Thanks, good to know, I was worried that may be business lines dont carry any tv signals.

Did try to search but could not find any similar question.

Cheers

ah I missed the business bit, I know it works on residential, I assume business it the same but could be wrong

Yes, the business team told me they dont provide tv. But I am hoping , it should still carry the tv signal. May be someone here has some experience of business connection?

Worst case, if it does not, then my current tv line will still be active for sometime or they disconnect from the cabinet straight away?

The channels are carried by the same cable that carries broadband, they can't stop it unless they completely disconnect it

It will be there, the network is the network. VM Business is just geared up to sell to business. Just invest in a decent splitter as the cheap ebay ones can introduce 'noise' into the local network and it's quite easy for them to trace where the noise is coming from when they're in the cab. Labgear or Triax should be fine for a passive split.

Ask your Virgin Engineer if he'll take a bung for something like this, they use powered splits now due to such fine tolerances on the network.

PvKhBuW.jpg

It will be there, the network is the network. VM Business is just geared up to sell to business. Just invest in a decent splitter as the cheap ebay ones can introduce 'noise' into the local network and it's quite easy for them to trace where the noise is coming from when they're in the cab. Labgear or Triax should be fine for a passive split.

Ask your Virgin Engineer if he'll take a bung for something like this, they use powered splits now due to such fine tolerances on the network.

View attachment 43543

Thanks, it works!!!!
All up and running with original splitter by Virmin.

Is it still worth getting something like your picture above ? What is this called and how much it cost ?

Back