Windows Vista Vista hidden file password?

Poke

OK got a good one for all to ponder! .............. How does one find a hidden file that is password protected when they can't remember the name of the file?

Which kind of file are you looking for?

One that you've password protected, and set it as hidden and now can't find it at all or...?

Which kind of file are you looking for?

One that you've password protected, and set it as hidden and now can't find it at all or...?

Yes, password protected file hidden. Forgot the title, really i forgot about the file, unil i needed it.

Don't know ferguj1 i think i have to search the program name ferguj1, what proggy would you think i would usefull

well for a start you need vista to SHOW hidden files. Of course this is still not of much use since you cant remember the filename but a start nonetheless.

Click START then CONTROL PANEL and go to APPEARENCE AND PERSONALIZATION then under the FOLDER OPTIONS click on SHOW HIDDEN FILES

A window will open up and you need to check the option to show hidden files. Also uncheck "hide extensions for known filetypes"

"Hide protected operating system files" is checked by default and i wouldnt recommend unchecking that option for obvious reasons.

Click APPLY when finished

Now the rest is up to you, click start and type windows explorer and enter and away you go to find your now revealed hidden file, whatever its called :)

well for a start you need vista to SHOW hidden files. Of course this is still not of much use since you cant remember the filename but a start nonetheless.

Click START then CONTROL PANEL and go to APPEARENCE AND PERSONALIZATION then under the FOLDER OPTIONS click on SHOW HIDDEN FILES

A window will open up and you need to check the option to show hidden files. Also uncheck "hide extensions for known filetypes"

"Hide protected operating system files" is checked by default and i wouldnt recommend unchecking that option for obvious reasons.

Click APPLY when finished

Now the rest is up to you, click start and type windows explorer and enter and away you go to find your now revealed hidden file, whatever its called :)

Thanks will see what happen and congratulation you are 1 to reach 1,000 congratulations =)

Back