Vix - failed tuner fatal

Skim

Set up a xtrend 8500 at home with twin feed and all working.
Took to a friends and plugged and there was no pic so attempted a rescan and get the following message failed tuner fatal.

The providers is set to sly UK and the regional setting is our area in SD.

All tuners are configured correctly and the signal is good as tested a full sky box.

Took the box back home and it's tunes fine.

Any advice on what this could be ?

I'm thinking regional settings ??

Set up a xtrend 8500 at home with twin feed and all working.
Took to a friends and plugged and there was no pic so attempted a rescan and get the following message failed tuner fatal.

The providers is set to sly UK and the regional setting is our area in SD.

All tuners are configured correctly and the signal is good as tested a full sky box.

Took the box back home and it's tunes fine.

Any advice on what this could be ?

I'm thinking regional settings ??

Does your mate have skyQ?
does your mate have 2 coax feeds and did you plug them both in correctly

Yes 2 feeds directly into the correct tuners. And he has normal sly plus.
The feeds are tested and working on 28.2E.

first thing i would have checked is signal finder on both tuners to see if signal error was on 1 or 2 tuners,remember it is possible to have f connector cable inserted and not getting a connection.

Try signal finder or a scan on each tuner (single satellite) to see how many channels are found, should find about 900 ish on 28.2E

I can find approx 100 channels on a scan but not on ABM.
Provider is set to sly uk. And set to my region as SD

Menu>setup>service searching>manual scan>change type of scan to single satellite (28.2e)
Scan both tuners
You should be receiving more channels than that, maybe you are using an incompatible LNB or there is a problem with the feed(s).

The LNB is a good 10 years old? One of the original quads for when sly plus came out. Looks like it's pointing to the LNB

Back