Vix from scratch - Oscam

makido

VIP Member
I thought I would take the plunge and try and set up vix from scratch on my duo2 (just faffing)

First attempt and its all going well but I havent finished yet

One little thing thats proper bugging me is I cant get it to setup on oscam. Ive read all the possible guides and tried loads of different config files but whatever I try it just dont work

Im not sure which oscam to download from the feeds either so thats not helping, Ive tried them all
:confused::)

I have had oscam working on atv so it cant be the line unless they are set up different somehow?

The line does work using newcamd so its not the end of the world but would be good to know where I am going wrong

Im on the latest vix running sat

Have used all the cams over the years and only advantage i ever see in oscam is using multi lines as it will pick up on the best connection,Any well run server with a solid connection will run well,A certain VIP on here only ever used/uses cccam for euro lines and never ever had issues with motorized setup,Single lines i tend to use mgcamd with newcamd

Ive already downloaded them config files plus a few more
All I am doing is replacing the oscam.server file in the config file with my own. (the one used with atv) Is that wrong?
I dunno what else to try. I have the oscam latest now and it still wont work

Its just the fact that it should work but I cant get it to work thats driving me mad thats all. But like I said I do have it working in newcamd so will just run with that for now. I am not giving up cos it will be something dead simple I bet

Openvix don't provide the other config files so you need to upload your own.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sorry yeah I meant the config file that I downloaded. I just replaced oscam server and loaded it in etc/tutbox

So how many files do you have in etc/tutbox/config?

Sorry if I'm repeating myself but I meant you need to add all the config files not just oscam.server as openvix don't provide them on feeds unlike openatv.

Dont worry about repeating yourself ive been doing it for hours :)

I have 6 files in the config folder

Is this just 1 line your trying? It could be a case that the line is down.

Is this just 1 line your trying? It could be a case that the line is down.

I did try another line I couldnt get that to work either. If my line was down it wouldnt work at all would it? Its got to be something I am doing wrong but what

Ive just done a backup and Im flashing atv again, just to check its not the line for some reason

Will try the oscam interface when Im back on

Thanks guys

As posted above view your oscam.config file and see what port your webif is running on. Then try get into the webif on that port and this confirm oscam is actually running.

Im on and its working - dont ask me how or what I did differently cos I just dont know.

I flashed back to atv oscam was working fine. When I tried my vix backup it still wouldnt work.
I tried to get in to the oscam interface, it loaded up openwebif I could see the oscam interface but it wouldnt let me in just an error that it could not be reached.
So I decided to try again from the beginning with a new flash and the oscam worked straight away, doing exactly what I had been trying before. I used oscam latest and the config file posted above no messing
So I can only think that I had messed the box up somehow while I was trying to get it to work...I dunno.
But its good to finally have it on and all working
Thanks everyone

Back