Vix or BH for VU+ Duo4K

shaun413

Hey all,

Very new at this.... i have just acquired a VU+Duo4K with the DVB C FBC tuner to get started. I was just wondering what image to install as i am a little unsure. I have see many folks use open VIX and it looks like its nice and simple however i have read on other forums that VIX and VU don't always get along. I have read many others are using Black Hole and i wondered if anyone had an opinion as to which way i should go?

I do intend on using VM with a view to getting a dish for other channels in the future.

Many thanks in advance

Clone boxes may have BH but i use vix on all my vu and other boxes with no issues.Some forums support BH more but here its open vix or the other builds.

Clone boxes may have BH but i use vix on all my vu and other boxes with no issues.Some forums support BH more but here its open vix or the other builds.
Thanks Cactikid, How would you know if you had a clone box? are there any tell tail signs?

I think i will proceed with a VIX image as i have been impressed with the help available here in this forum.

Thanks again for the input.

Blackhole only works for Vu receivers. I dont think there are clone Duo 4Ks out.

Try the images, settle on one you like the most/dislike the least. Almost all images have an image backup function so you cna revert to it while testing. Or you can use OPenMultiboot plugin to try out other images.

Blackhole only works for Vu receivers. I dont think there are clone Duo 4Ks out.

Try the images, settle on one you like the most/dislike the least. Almost all images have an image backup function so you cna revert to it while testing. Or you can use OPenMultiboot plugin to try out other images.
Hey Abu, great advice thank you.

I tried black hole a few times on my VU duo2 but never got on with it tbh so always used Vix and never had any problems. I am using Open Atv now but try both and see which you prefer.

Another image which is worth a try is pur-e2, nice graphical interface and cams available to download through the image.

Hey guys,

Thank you all for the useful input, i have installed open vix and am enjoying my new box. I have still a few teething problems but hopefully i will be able to figure them out.

Yes openvix on all mine .BEES has a tut setting up a combo box on openvix in the sticky in the cable section.

Hey guys, thank you for all the help here! been using VIX for a short while, and it works great on my duo box. I am having issues with freezing and when look at my cam i am having latency problems..... i guess i will try and find another sub unless anyone may have any other tips?

Back