ViX4E2PROJECT V 4.0 Softcam help required

RatMan123

Hi All,

I recently flashed my Xsarius Fusion HD CI with ViX4E2PROJECT V4.0 blue8 and everything is cool except I can't fathom out how to add the CLine details for SoftCam 2.3.0?

I've created the usual CCcam.cfg file and placed it in the /etc folder but it's just not being found. I can see the softcam panel but it doesn't acknowledge my CLine details?

Would anyone know if I'm missing a step?

Thanks!

Sadly I'm getting nowhere :(

I've placed my CCcam.cfg file in both the /etc and the usr/keys directories, rebooted the box and still nothing? I know the Vix4e2project update significantly changed to a new one based on OpenATV in the change to V4 but I never had this issue with version 2.2.

Anyone any ideas?

can you confirm if you softcam has started/installed. I am sure by default no softcam is installed on VIX4 (I have it installed on my ZGemma H2H and had to install the softcam)

I flashed my box from a USB stick up to V4 of VIX4E2 and you are correct that by default no softcam is installed.

From the newly installed interface you can select to download and install CCcam 2.3.0 which I have done, and the menu now has a management panel for softcams enabled. I also notice that the /etc folder now contains the .emu file so I'm assuming it has been installed.

you will just need then to make that cam, cccam 2.3.0 active and make sure your line is in the usr/keys folder. its best to have the cam set to autostart. you may need a reboot on the box if the channels dont appear?

the vix4 software is a ready made image and the best cam is used for that box which works with the required needed drivers. However i have used mgcam and that worked. if that box doesn't have an ARM processor then theres no need for oscam?

When you say 'active', how do you mean? I'm assuming that because I had an option to download and install then after reboot it would be active? I'm not sure how else I could activate it?

you will just need then to make that cam, cccam 2.3.0 active and make sure your line is in the usr/keys folder. its best to have the cam set to autostart. you may need a reboot on the box if the channels dont appear?

the vix4 software is a ready made image and the best cam is used for that box which works with the required needed drivers. However i have used mgcam and that worked. if that box doesn't have an ARM processor then theres no need for oscam?

My bad thought it was a sh4 box

not at my box but from memory try blue button, softcam manager should be in there to make active? if not try menu setup, just have a look till you find it. when you see it, you can select it and all the options will be there.

Based upon the excellent OpenATV set-up guide by Dangerous ( http://www.techkings.org/threads/openatv-set-up-guide.114651/ ) I possibly have an idea as to what I may need to do in order to fix my issue...

I notice the new Vix4E2 V4 is now based largely on the OpenATV platform and I see this guide describes a very similar set-up process. In following these steps I notice there's a part where it suggests I have to "Select Cam 1 – press left or right to select CCcam 2.3.0" which I don't recall being obvious from the interface and may actually be a step I missed?

I'll try this tonight to see if it fixes my issue. Fingers crossed!

Back