VM Broadband and VPN not working, advise on best route to get it working

Saj_8

Hi All

Firstly Happy New Year to you all

My dad has just changed his broadband to VM, the zgemma is hooked up on there, I have checked and openvpn is running and has my details from ip vanish in there, he made a recording eg sky sport and when he went to play it he has a message saying "something to do with VM and cant view it" assuming they blocked it somehow

I did a test with open vpn on running and stopped and got the same ip address in putty, initially i though it was me doing something wrong as in configuring it but then after reading this site and google i realised it something done by VM to prevent vpns from working.

Now my question is what the best route to go down, to get the vpn working with VM Hub 3, do i buy a liberty shield router and hook that up or a pre configured ipvanish router and then make some changers to the wifi setting on the VM router or is there any other way to get it working, I've gone through the settings on the VM router but cant see anything oviouse
and the option google shows like under firewall i don't seem to see them options on this router model hub 3.

Hi All

Firstly Happy New Year to you all

My dad has just changed his broadband to VM, the zgemma is hooked up on there, I have checked and openvpn is running and has my details from ip vanish in there, he made a recording eg sky sport and when he went to play it he has a message saying "something to do with VM and cant view it" assuming they blocked it somehow

I did a test with open vpn on running and stopped and got the same ip address in putty, initially i though it was me doing something wrong as in configuring it but then after reading this site and google i realised it something done by VM to prevent vpns from working.

Now my question is what the best route to go down, to get the vpn working with VM Hub 3, do i buy a liberty shield router and hook that up or a pre configured ipvanish router and then make some changers to the wifi setting on the VM router or is there any other way to get it working, I've gone through the settings on the VM router but cant see anything oviouse
and the option google shows like under firewall i don't seem to see them options on this router model hub 3.
I use the liberty shield router on vm and it works perfectly for me!!
Using hub 3

Thanks for your reply guys, will look to get one, Graham did you get the lite or pro,? it it worth spending the extra for the pro in your opinion?

I would get the pro mate to be honest for the extra little money I have the lite but my friend as the pro and works a lot better

Back