VM broadband for VM line?

Janso

TK Veteran
Hi,

Looking into getting VM internet so that I can use the feed for a H.2H box as a cable feed. Am I right in thinking that you can use a splitter to direct one feed to the router and another to the box?

And some more noobish questions - firstly, what (if anything) do you need to do to the cable that comes into the house to make it ready for going into the splitter, and then, is it just a case of buying a coax cable to take the box feed from the splitter to the box?

Help appreciated.

Hi,

Looking into getting VM internet so that I can use the feed for a H.2H box as a cable feed. Am I right in thinking that you can use a splitter to direct one feed to the router and another to the box?

And some more noobish questions - firstly, what (if anything) do you need to do to the cable that comes into the house to make it ready for going into the splitter, and then, is it just a case of buying a coax cable to take the box feed from the splitter to the box?

Help appreciated.

yes all the above are spot on, the connection end should fit onto the splitter end as its screw on but I'm sure youll need a little screw in adaptor which will screw into the end feed which then allows you to just push into place, someone will post a picture

All you need to do is buy a splitter kit, and screw the splitter on to the feed coming in to the house then
screw one patch lead in to the router and the other patch lead is usually pushed on to the
cable tuner on the box.

splitter kit.JPGf to ariel.jpg

You get the connector in with the kit.

Buy your box and a line off a cable server and your good to go.

If you are not going to use the sat tuner on the H2H

The miraclebox mini hybrid would be a much better choice.

Hi,

yeah I've also got a sat feed, so I'd be using the two at once (already got a satellite line, so if I get round to this at some stage I'll be getting a VM line to go with it.

Just something to take onboard, I bought an official 2-way Virgin splitter & 2 cables like in the picture above. After fitting it all I found that KODI running on my android box (connected via ethernet) would buffer all the time, however general Internet use, including YouTube videos were fine. I also found that the signal on the TV would drop out from time to time & generally be a bit weak.

So I phoned Virgin & subscribed to a basic TV package, just so an engineer would come round & set it up properly. When he turned up I thought he would run a seperate feed from my external box to my TV but he said they just use a splitter & got out exactly the same one as I had bought. When I explained to him my concerns about signal loss, he said that splitting the cable loses 4db of signal & to compensate this he went to the Virgin cabinet in the road to increase the signal by 4db. Everything works perfectly now. I've cancelled the TV subscription (within 14 days) & haven't noticed any probs whatsoever. The engineer left me a short length of crimped cable that I will use in my 3-way splitter that I hope will also work but haven't tried yet.

Hi guys
Is there some kind of splitter that has f connector in and ethernet out? to avoid having to use a repeater.
Thanks

Back