VM Fiber

jdsour

Hey,

So just got Virgin Fiber Installed, just wondering if anyone has experance with it, the installer said the box can't be removed as its powering the fiber, the house is wiered with coax in every room, terinamting back to the virgin box outside, I presume if i bang f-connectors on the cables and connect them into the spiltter i can move the hub wherever whist leaving the power to the fiber link? have a look at the pics. Sorry if this is the worng place to post this, admins please move.

Cheers

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-11-13 at 09.47.02.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-11-13 at 09.47.02.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20191119_100818.jpg
    IMG_20191119_100818.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 64
Not really sure what you mean here.
Leave the router and other stuff alone. F connectors are for box connections, don't put one near the router

Not really sure what you mean here.
Leave the router and other stuff alone. F connectors are for box connections, don't put one near the router
The question is, if i want to move the hub to another room, can i just connect one of the coax cable outide into the splitter and leave the power for the fiber?

As long as the hub (router , modem whatever you want to call it) has electric to it and a vm connection it will do its thing yes

Ah k, i was just wondering as this setup has power going back into the wall and a seperate connection going into the hub. When I was on the phone to the installer he said the power is needed for the light in the fiber.

Ah k, i was just wondering as this setup has power going back into the wall and a seperate connection going into the hub. When I was on the phone to the installer he said the power is needed for the light in the fiber.

how much are you paying for it mate?

Fibre signals are converted to coax signals in that box. If there is a power failure , you still get the fibre signal but it is not put out to the coax. Doesn't really matter because you dont have a tv or computer working anyway unless you have a no-break battery backup for your computer and that could feed the fibre box.

Back