Cable VM Poor Signal - Konig Professional TV amplifier

Jytees

Had an issue with certain HD channels not working on both Dsayers image and Bioheads for the H2H. After some advice from here I was informed it was a signal issue, which I initially found strange that the signal could be fine for some channels and not for others. Still, I tested the box at another location and low and behold, all channels worked perfectly!

I swapped cables, with and without filters, but there was no improvement. Somebody recommended I purchase one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00O4FK2H8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Waited patiently on it arriving, plugged it in when it did and found it had actually exasperated the issue. There were now more channels not working at all and some that had worked perfectly well previously were now freezing and pixelated.

Does anyone know how to configure the amplifier at the correct setting? I fiddled with the dials but to no avail.

maybe your signal is too strong and adding the booster has made it worse?how do you know you have 100% correct net id or if tried next door [ same area ] they worked.signal level i think is 29 on zgemma?

maybe your signal is too strong and adding the booster has made it worse?how do you know you have 100% correct net id or if tried next door [ same area ] they worked.signal level i think is 29 on zgemma?

You can have a signal that's too strong?

Not sure what you mean about having the correct net id either? It works in a house 100 meters away so I'm pretty sure the net id will be spot on.

Sure I read somewhere the signal level is always 29% on Zgemmas. It was a bug and the correct signal was never displayed. Is this correct?

yes some places can have too strong a signal and they fit attenuators to reduce your signal,also posted a picture of a manually adjusted one on the kv850 thread.

Had the same problem with my h2h,looks like the tuner is not to great on the h2h, the other zgemma box I had worked fine ( forget the model number,but it was the cheaper cable version).
Bought the same cable amp and works fine most of the time,just needed to fiddle with the 2 adjusters to get the best compromise,works ok on most channels,think history +1 is the worst with occasinal break up

Had the same problem with my h2h,looks like the tuner is not to great on the h2h, the other zgemma box I had worked fine ( forget the model number,but it was the cheaper cable version).
Bought the same cable amp and works fine most of the time,just needed to fiddle with the 2 adjusters to get the best compromise,works ok on most channels,think history +1 is the worst with occasinal break up

Thanks hondamt.
When adjusting the settings did you need to restart the Zgemma. What I mean is, can I just stick it on a channel that doesn't work have a fiddle with the adjusters and see if the picture gets any better? Or do I need to switch the Zgemma on, fiddle, restart te Zgemma and see if it's made a difference? The reason I ask is I've tried the former and the channel doesn't get any worse or better when I adjust the knobs. The picture just stays black.

Thanks hondamt.
When adjusting the settings did you need to restart the Zgemma. What I mean is, can I just stick it on a channel that doesn't work have a fiddle with the adjusters and see if the picture gets any better? Or do I need to switch the Zgemma on, fiddle, restart te Zgemma and see if it's made a difference? The reason I ask is I've tried the former and the channel doesn't get any worse or better when I adjust the knobs. The picture just stays black.

No on mine I go to a channel that's breaking up and adjust the two knobs for the best result,no need to reset,I have just a few channels that break up intermittently,most wouldn't work without the amp.

Back