VM router settings?

channelking

Wanted to ask those who use the VM pods with the router or mesh systems.

Do you have channels settings in router set to manual or auto?

Is smart wifi enabled or disabled?

Not sure if having these settings precise would make huge difference when using the VM pods or mesh system.

If possible I would put the router in modem mode and just use the pods if possible to do that like you can with 3rd party routers

Wanted to ask those who use the VM pods with the router or mesh systems.

Do you have channels settings in router set to manual or auto?

Is smart wifi enabled or disabled?

Not sure if having these settings precise would make huge difference when using the VM pods or mesh system.
Best thing to do and ps this is in no way being sarcastic or anything is take them on the garden and borrow a lump hammer and smash the hell out of them because they are about as handy as the current man united team ffs.
Save ya money and get Tp link ones simple answer 👍👍👍

If possible I would put the router in modem mode and just use the pods if possible to do that like you can with 3rd party routers
Don't think you can do that.

Pods only work alongside the hub.

Oooh, did you finally get your mesh system?
What did your mate get you in the end?
Did he manage to bag you a bargain?
No I didn't.

As I stated previously was getting the VM pods.

@channelking
For the amount of time you have wasted on this, at say £2 an hour wages, you could have bought a 3rd part router and some decent pods, or paid someone to come and hardwire your whole street.
Even with no third party router decent mesh systems would suffice. Third party router isn't really needed imo.

Maybe I have wasted alot of time on this it is what it is.

Testing these pods they don't even light up for some reason and 5ghz band is not showing as the 2.4ghz and 5ghz been combined as one.

Even with no third party router decent mesh systems would suffice. Third party router isn't really needed imo.

Maybe I have wasted alot of time on this it is what it is.

Testing these pods they don't even light up for some reason and 5ghz band is not showing as the 2.4ghz and 5ghz been combined as one.
Have you set them up correctly and paired to main one plugged into router then others connected to main pod

Have you set them up correctly and paired to main one plugged into router then others connected to main pod
Ye followed what leaflet said and said after 10 minutes light would stay solid but no lights on at all on the pod.

Only have one pod atm. Plugged in the back room.

Might cancel the other 2 if gona have these issues.

Ye followed what leaflet said and said after 10 minutes light would stay solid but no lights on at all on the pod.

Only have one pod atm. Plugged in the back room.

Might cancel the other 2 if gona have these issues.
Try plugging direct into vm router if possible see if lights stay on then I'm not familiar with vm pods but I'm going off my disc system I have

Try plugging direct into vm router if possible see if lights stay on then I'm not familiar with vm pods but I'm going off my disc system I have
Ok.

It has got two ethernet ports but didn't say needed to be connected to router from instructions but will try it and see if anything changes.

As I stated previously was getting the VM pods.
I don't actually read EVERY post on here, I was merely going by your own long thread about mesh systems
I actually, for once wasn't taking the piss, I presumed that as you were asking about mesh settings you were sorted.
Looking at the current ROI adverts for these (and I really have no clue what they are other than "mesh lite"), they absolutely GUARANTEE a certain level of service, or they give you a 50 euro voucher.
I think you should change all your settings daily for about a week, but for a full,, 24 hours, then change to be able to accurately evaluate them up

Ok.

It has got two ethernet ports but didn't say needed to be connected to router from instructions but will try it and see if anything changes.
I believe you are right, no ethernet connection needed, its wi fi.

I don't actually read EVERY post on here, I was merely going by your own long thread about mesh systems
I actually, for once wasn't taking the piss, I presumed that as you were asking about mesh settings you were sorted.
Looking at the current ROI adverts for these (and I really have no clue what they are other than "mesh lite"), they absolutely GUARANTEE a certain level of service, or they give you a 50 euro voucher.
I think you should change all your settings daily for about a week, but for a full,, 24 hours, then change to be able to accurately evaluate them up

I believe you are right, no ethernet connection needed, its wi fi.

So far from testing signal has changed much in the back room but will give it 24 hours as that's what it says on leaflet to do.

Strange why it's showing as one WiFi network and not two now though as was 2.4ghz and 5ghz before.

So far from testing signal has changed much in the back room but will give it 24 hours as that's what it says on leaflet to do.

Strange why it's showing as one WiFi network and not two now though as was 2.4ghz and 5ghz before.
I can't see how a WiFi enabled contraption is going to boost the incoming WiFi signal higher than incoming?
Surely it needs hardwiring to the router

I can't see how a WiFi enabled contraption is going to boost the incoming WiFi signal higher than incoming?
Surely it needs hardwiring to the router
But there is nothing in the manual to say that the pods have to be connected to router and router has to be in modem mode as not proper mesh system.

Back