VM Signal Levels

Stans247

Hi guys im having some issues with picture on my zgemma h2h when i use the wifi. Ive checked all cables and connections are secure.

Once i disconnect the picture is perfectly fine.

I read somwhere about signal levels but dont know what im looking out for.

Ive taken a screenshot this morning if someone can have a look and tell me if they see a problem?

Attachments

• IMG_1183.jpg
    IMG_1183.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1184.jpg
    IMG_1184.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 98
My first port of call would be to call VM - you have genuine services with them so they will look into this for you and increase your levels at the cabinet hopefully.

Simply tell them that you've had a PC health check at your home and the technician has noted your power levels are too low and need investigating.

I called them and all he did was change a few settings on router.

He said my signal levels are fine

Still got problems

If it's still below -6, your levels aren't fine... this still might not fix your issue but if your powel levels are not within tolerance, this needs looking into more.

What wi-fi router did you use after putting the SH into modem mode?

I gave you several suggestions via PM through the week - you said you had tried all of them so which is it?

SH is an abbreviation for SuperHub.

Yh tried the lot. I dont want to take the plunge in getting a booster until i try it.

Think thats the last option or the engineer somehow tweaks it from the cabinet.

Im certain its the length of cable which is causing the problem.... signal is too low which you stated from my down / upstreams.

So you've tried the lot but you've not put your SuperHub into modem mode? :confused:

People have had issues before with the SuperHub and Wi-Fi and putting the SuperHub into modem mode and using a seperate wireless router has worked so i'm surprised it's not for you (if you've done that).

Hi guys im having some issues with picture on my zgemma h2h when i use the wifi. Ive checked all cables and connections are secure.

Once i disconnect the picture is perfectly fine.

I read somwhere about signal levels but dont know what im looking out for.

Ive taken a screenshot this morning if someone can have a look and tell me if they see a problem?
?? you using a wifi connection on H.2H ??

if so disconnect this and use a lan cable direct to superhub

also you could try this, have a look
http://www.techkings.org/threads/virgin-media-signal-booster.128132/
this might help you....

He's using home plugs - his box works fine until he starts to use Wi-Fi ... I have gave him several suggestions which he says he's tried but some answers to my questions contradict this so i'm not sure tbh :confused:

Found the tratec splitter which i had from a previous tivo setup a year ago and decided to move my router back downstairs...

Zgemma setup 1:

25m run Main feed >tractec splitter > 3.6db = zgemma and 4db = superhub.

Direct ethernet from box to SH

Connected and all seems to be fine

Even connected by 2nd zgemma upstairs.... 25m run main feed directly to box. Homeplugs supplying internet.

Likewise working fine. Ran a few speedtests but no glitching / pixellation...Fingers crossed it stays this way... but i aint holding my breath

Will try during peak time again tomorrow. Will keep you posted

Back to to same old glitching on both boxes when devices connected and using the wifi.

Tivo quickstart kit will be delivered tomorrow. Will install and hope problem still occurs so i can call customer services , book and engineer and the problem is sorted.

It will be fine on a TiVo box as you don't need to connect to the internet to clear the channels.

I'll try get them to send an engineer and get a HDU installed but if its a no go then i'll contact simba and buy 1 off him.

If that dont work then i guess ive tried everything.

Back