VM Superhub 3 Keeps Rebooting. Need Advice Please

Hi Guys

I think I've finally got to grips with my V8 Golden I bought last week. It's my first box so it took me a while to figure things out.

Got it hooked up to satellite and installed CLine purchased from internet but whenever I activate the Line, whatever channel I'm on is fine for up to 2 minutes, then I get an error saying network plug out, channel gets encrypted and my VM Superhub 3 reboots.

I have latest firmware, tried Ethernet and wifi, tried CLine and NLine all with same results.

I've even tried resetting back to factory defaults and going through everything again to no avail. Superhub just keeps rebooting.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The V8 Golden isn't compatible with the Superhub 3 i'm afraid - it's well documented... you need to ring Virgin and tell them one of your devices isn't compatible with the SH3 but you've tried it at a friends house with a SH2AC and it works fine - they should be able to then send you the SH2AC (they did for me) :)

Thanks ste

I found a thread with the same problem. I have a Superhub 2. Don't know if it's the AC version though. Guess I'll try using that instead. Will need to wait until the weekend now though.

If I don't have the SH2AC, and it's just the regular SH2, should this still work?

Thanks

Yes--the SH2 is the same whatever you call it---mines called George lol
The SH3 uses an ASUS chipset which VM know is faulty but don't seem to care as long as they can pass them onto their victims.
Reaper.

The Superhub 2 and the Superhub 2AC are different models - I got the Superhub 2AC from VM because it's the 2.5 model between the SH2 and the SH3 if that makes sense.

When you plug the SH2 back in, it wont work until you ring VM and tell them you want to activate a new router then they will go through the process with you.

Thanks guys. Might give my SH2 a name as well Reaper, but at the moment I've just been swearing at my SH3 and saying C U Next Tuesday :whacko:

Hi Guys

Just wanted to say thanks again. Phoned Vermin last night and got my package price halved. Might even get it reduced further if I can convince the wife :). Also got them to deactivate the SH3 and reactivate my SHC2 which I have noticed is actually the AC version, so, happy days. Box is running flawlessly with CLine over wifi and no crashes or router reboots.

Cheers big time, and ste, try saying coconut instead, it might calm you down quicker :grin:

Back