Volume Not Changing [SOLVED]

stevesmiff

My H2S has been ticking over nicely for months then out of the blue the volume buttons (up/down/mute) do not work anymore. All latest software, etc but not done any updates in last few weeks but problem only started yesterday.

Sound comes out of my surround sound (Sony DAV-DZ260) and this can be operated fine with the Sony control but no longer from my Zgemma control? I've seen similar things but have tried everything they talk about. Here's what I've tried so far:

Full power off/on 4-5 times of both systems.
HDMI CEC on/off 4-5 times (default was on to obviously enable what I'm trying to achieve)
Audio button on remote - flicked a few things on/off
Using app on phone to attempt volume control

None of these have worked. Turning off HDMI CEC shows the Zgemmma's volume being changed so remote working. Turning on HDMI CEC stops this behavious but surround sound not responding. This has been working fine for months and nothing I've knowingly done!!! Is there anything else I can try?

Apologies all... found out my Sony system had somehow reset all settings (not done this in the 8 years I've had it!). Default value has HDMI controls switched off. Switched on and all good.

Back