VPN for IPTV

Davos1

Hi guys, looking for help please. I have smart IPTV installed on Samsung TV but having issues watching football. Provider has said my broadband provider (BT) is blocking signal therefore I need a VPN. I can't put VPN on BT home hub apparently. Do I need a new router or is there an easier option? I also have ZGemma box and a Kodi box if any of these would be better. Appreciate any advice, thanks.

read the rules of the site no names aloud
but i would go try other. why get a vpn which will cost money
or go get another agent, get one that doesnt need a vpn as they say it. then that will give you a backup or multi channels to watch and record

You can run openvpn on a zgemma with a VPN sub or buy a plug and play open vpn router to plug into your current router that’s what I have done

Davos1 I have same problem on my LGtv, I'm probably going to change provider but they advised me to get a vpn which I did, and turned my laptop into a wifi hotspot, then use connectify, set my tv to wifi and connectify and the vpn then stops the iptv from stopping during the football. I'm crap at all this but even I manged it to work. The tv uses your laptop as the hotspot and vpn if you get me.

Cheers Dai, I've swapped provider and its been minted so far...without VPN. I will keep what you said in mind mate...thanks. I can recommended this guy (so far so good) for use without VPN if you ever fancy it.

No worries mate, I've had to use my laptop since 12am until 8pm as a wifi hotspot as been blocked all day and is a bit of a pain but does work fine but I'd be grateful of who you are using now, how can you let me know as you can't post supplier on here can you? Cheers, Dai

im also in the same boat, IPTV provider told me only certain internet providers are blocking the football on weekends and BT is one of them :(

I think that's not right now, my iptv provider told me that but I went with someone else and the football was fine all weekend. No way BT can block individual isp's it would be too hard. My old iptv provider had a proper website and I reckon they just block their ISP before football, making everyone who has a sub with them go down. I may be wrong but my new sub has been brilliant. I'm with BT

Hi all, I have VM and mine went down this weekend, I got an on screen info message from my iptv sub provider later on (when it was back up and running) and they said it was down to powers that be getting a cc line from another provider which took the lot out - they said the issue has been fixed but advised all to use a vpn as vpn's were not affected. Another thing to note is my mates folks live in Spain he got them the sub from the same provider (just supplied the provider the folks mag box mac add) and without vpn they had no issues - So reckon it's Snide uk. Re - not being able to vpn a bt router you can (though not done it myself, yet!) adhoc another/some routers using DD-WRT software (Google DD-WRT) for info. Good luck guys, keep posting ;)

Last edited:
Back