Vpn for Mifi (on mag box) possible?

Hi, think this is an unusual set up but been running my mag box through a data only mifi device and it has been running fine but I got the dreaded content copyright notice - I am not too sure this is isp block as I still have another sub up and running on another portal, either way thought it might be time to get into vpn however I am on mifi so it doesn't have any ethernet ports to connect a vpn router to it nor is there a way to load an app onto it (it's not a phone or tablet). Hoping someone can prove it can still be done. Appreciate all ideas. Thanks

Not with mag boxes as infomir block some providers blacklisted and even if u use VPN they will block that specific portal URL.
Best way is to either buy a hybrid box allowing you to put the VPN app or without VPN as boxes other than mag boxes don't block directly some providers

Hi, think this is an unusual set up but been running my mag box through a data only mifi device and it has been running fine but I got the dreaded content copyright notice - I am not too sure this is isp block as I still have another sub up and running on another portal, either way thought it might be time to get into vpn however I am on mifi so it doesn't have any ethernet ports to connect a vpn router to it nor is there a way to load an app onto it (it's not a phone or tablet). Hoping someone can prove it can still be done. Appreciate all ideas. Thanks
You usually get the copyright from isp about watching iptv or using iptv. If that's what you mean other than that if it's your actual mag box there maybe some no block firmware for it or roll back the firmware and turn auto update off. Should get rid of the copyright message but @Ryanm56 has pointed out get a box where you can have vpn ect.but that wouldn't stop the copyright message I had to roll back firmware on my mag

Thanks fellas, I'm confident the provider is good, I still get his 24/7 and vod with no issues. I have done the imageupdate via usb which has thrown up other issues that's in another post. Provider has told me (and these guys do know their stuff -they are red hot, I can assure you) I need a vpn, trying to get round buying any new box as I've been very happy with the mag (had all sorts of boxes before card share etc etc) and also not get as a vpn as it's another box with another monthly sub - the data only is rolling and not a 12/18mth ball and chain contract. I have attached a pic of the screen notice on the mag box re copyright). I think it's time to bite the bullet and look into boxes, contracts and vpn's! Rock and a hard place, not happy!

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 35
If u wa t something similar to mag box and acting exactly like a mag box I suggest TVIP 605 or the Xsarius Q1 as Xsarius Q1 is also a hybrid box and u can add VPN app . Whereas TVIP 605 u will need an external VPN router

Thanks fellas, I'm confident the provider is good, I still get his 24/7 and vod with no issues. I have done the imageupdate via usb which has thrown up other issues that's in another post. Provider has told me (and these guys do know their stuff -they are red hot, I can assure you) I need a vpn, trying to get round buying any new box as I've been very happy with the mag (had all sorts of boxes before card share etc etc) and also not get as a vpn as it's another box with another monthly sub - the data only is rolling and not a 12/18mth ball and chain contract. I have attached a pic of the screen notice on the mag box re copyright). I think it's time to bite the bullet and look into boxes, contracts and vpn's! Rock and a hard place, not happy!
Thats informer blocking the portal.
You need the no block firmware

Managed to hunt down the no block firmware (image) for the mag boxes, not used it on mine (256) yet, I'll update here if it was a winner or not.

Managed to hunt down the no block firmware (image) for the mag boxes, not used it on mine (256) yet, I'll update here if it was a winner or not.
Firmware in itself works all ok, however as far as blocking goes I can't see any difference, still getting IPTV services blocked on 'most' IPTV service providers - Can anyone recommend good IPTV providers you are using (and have been for 3mths +), just want to trial them as I have no gaurantees they/any will work on my box. Appreciate all recomendations - Thanks

Nice 1.... cheers..
Before you downgrade, don't forget to disable automatic update in the Embedded Portal:

1. Load Embedded Portal

2. Select Settings

3. Select Software autoupdate

4. In Autoupdate select "Disabled"

5. Press OK to save the changes.

Downgrade imageupdate:

1. Connect prepared USB-drive to STB.

2. Then enter the System Recovery Utility menu:

a. Power off STB (unplug the power supply).

b. Push and hold Menu button on RC and power STB on (still holding Menu button, plug in power supply).

c. Wait for ~10 seconds ? System Recovery Utility menu.

Release Menu button.

Note: the Menu button on the RC is located on the left hand side below the down button and above the Vol+ button. The one with the 3 lines and 3 dots.

3. Select Upgrade Tools ? Upgrade Software ? Using USB ? Yes; and select your file.

4. Wait until the update process is complete. The info about software update status is displayed at the bottom of screen.

When the software is updated the STB will automatically reboot.

Back