Vpn for virgin media setup

Royboy80

Hi all
Please can anyone offer any advice for a vpn solution for my smart iptv through an Lg tv and virgin media are my broadband provider any options or advice is welcome

Hi all
Please can anyone offer any advice for a vpn solution for my smart iptv through an Lg tv and virgin media are my broadband provider any options or advice is welcom

you will have a far less issues with another device than with a smart tv using smart iptv app so I’d definitely recommend firestick or more dedicated device

probs best getting the mango router.

or grab a firestick, install vpn on there and away you go. this would be the easiest
Hi there thanks for taking time to reply
Im not well up on routers an firesticks etc so bare with me
Can i have a mango router and still use virgin as my provider ? My iptv guy said they stop vpn so not sure how that works !!
secondly is a fire stick loaded with full epg etc iv no idea how these work
Thanks again

Can i have a mango router and still use virgin as my provider ? My iptv guy said they stop vpn so not sure how that works !!
yes you can mate

epg depends on your service provider, if your getting it now you will get it when you move to firestick

yes you can mate

epg depends on your service provider, if your getting it now you will get it when you move to firestick
Fabulous its becoming a bit clearer now
So to clarify my set up through my smart iptv if i get a fire stick i can get my subscription through the stick,

Fabulous its becoming a bit clearer now
So to clarify my set up through my smart iptv if i get a fire stick i can get my subscription through the stick,
Yes. Just install your iptv your supplier will help. Then just download VPN and login.

Yes. Just install your iptv your supplier will help. Then just download VPN and login.
Hi guys
Iv been in touch with my supplier hes confirmed my sub can be put on a firestick but said its not guarantee to work well ???but il give it a go, do i need a certain type of firestick , are they all the same ?

probs best getting the mango router.

or grab a firestick, install vpn on there and away you go. this would be the easiest
Hi
Can you explain how my options for vpn is blocked by VM.So my understanding is that my router wont allow a vpn. so how does a firestick with vpn get round this problem if its all going through the virgin router.
Forgive my knowledge if its straightforward to you guys
And thanks for all your help

A vpn router can be connected to virgin. But I believe you have to change a few settings on your virgin router to allow this if you go or to you tube some videos on their showing you how.

On the firestick download the vpn app for chosen vpn supplier ie surfshark , private internet, or what ever you've sign up for.
Then run the app check your speeds and ip address and then start to watch your iptv or what ever your doing.
Virgin can now see your are streaming but not what you are doing, you might be working, watching netflix, youtube, anything it is hidden.

On the firestick download the vpn app for chosen vpn supplier ie surfshark , private internet, or what ever you've sign up for.
Then run the app check your speeds and ip address and then start to watch your iptv or what ever your doing.
Virgin can now see your are streaming but not what you are doing, you might be working, watching netflix, youtube, anything it is hidden.
I too am on virgin and have a subscription with NordVpn and have downloaded the app for Nord on my firestick. When I connect the VPN I would expect the IP address to change as it does with my Zgemma H9s box but this is not the case. Any information would be appreciated.

I too am on virgin and have a subscription with NordVpn and have downloaded the app for Nord on my firestick. When I connect the VPN I would expect the IP address to change as it does with my Zgemma H9s box but this is not the case. Any information would be appreciated.

Have a look at this video to check that your VPN is working

Back