VPN in simple terms

Try moving your tv to router. Or router to tv .
Try connecting via wireless connection. See if that works befor you splash out . Ime with vm siptv was blocked ,hard wired.
But via wireless not effected.
Hope this helps ......Paul

Does the ASUS router connect to you ISP router, or you connect it directly to your phone line?
You would connect to your ISP router, put that in modem mode and have the Asus router as main router which you can run everything through if you choose.

I guess another option would be to find a similar router with a DSL connector, then I can do away with the ISP router altogether couldn’t I?

You could go all around the houses, spend a gut full of money, time and effort and stress just to not use an extra remote.
Get a firestick (£50 or cheaper) add a VPN and job done, 30 mins tops.
I've run one with VPN for the last 2 years no problem at all

As I have Sly, the router doesn’t have a modem mode.
No you don't put sly router in modem mode any router you would buy (3rd party) just connects via ethanet.
If you would prefer to use your tv instead of another device then you will need a vpn router just plug it into ethanet port on your sly router then connect the power line ethanet into ethanet on vpn router and your tv is running through vpn.
The added bonus of a vpn is you can add every device in your home to it via WiFi so all behind vpn.
The other option as pointed out is a firestick add duplex or providers own app add vpn that protects that device alone.
There is a setting on firestick called hdmi ec I think it is and your tv remote becomes your firestick remote.
People push towards firesticks cause there cheap and easy to navigate/setup and can have vpn.
Another option is find a provider that's not getting blocked say about 80-90% have work rounds those that don't just find it easier to tell end users to get a vpn

As Bazz has said quite a few providers have a work around however, this could change next week and you will be back to needing a VPN. A decent router is going to cost around £150+ i would stay away from the likes of spider VPN etc who give you a free router for signing upto there VPN. As you download speeds will be killed.

My honest advice is get a firestick and if you want a wired connection buy the adapter kit for around £12.

Somebody once wrote in their in their last line of initial post “ what would you guys recommend “,,, my answer is without a doubt, are you readyyyyyyyyyy,, firestick all the way 100%,, that’s the way I look at it,, you did ask for recommendations,, these guys on here are first class, free and accurate advice givers,, listen to them,, they have helped this numpty no end.

You chaps are 100% right about the cost of a router vs the Firestick, but the way I look at it is for a router and vpn would be less than a full sly package after 3 months.
Your comments are correct a router and VPN would be cheaper than 3 months sly.

My advice would still stand get a firestick and use your tv remote to operate it. £130 saving for probably far superior functionality.

The decision is yours at the end of the day I just dont see any benefit in buying a expensive router.

Back