VPN Mag 256

Iain1979

Hi All...
I have the above box. Now BT Block my IPTV stream when LIVE Football on. I'm using wireless so any body point in a right direction to to sort this Thansk

Hi All...
I have the above box. Now BT Block my IPTV stream when LIVE Football on. I'm using wireless so any body point in a right direction to to sort this Thansk
You can buy a cheap pre-configured router that plugs into your existing router for about £20-£30 pounds there are quite a few out there check Ebay and Amazon and I can confirm they are working for unblocking iptv channels when the football is on

I'm having the same issue I think. Seem to randomly loose connection when the football is on. Any chance you could post a link to the routers you mentioned and a bit of info on how to set them up?

I bought a linksys WRT54 from ebay for £20, brilliant router but doesn't have the processing power for a VPN, it throttled throughput down from 16meg to 3meg.

My neighbour bought the linksys wrt1900, this one works brilliantly but is £150.

These guys ship to the UK and provide pre configured routers but they are expensive.

https://www.flashrouters.com/learn/vpn-by-country/uk

Cheers. Yes a bit on the pricey side!! Did your iptv work with the router slowing down your internet speed?

Yes, I tried tomato and drt software and both ipvanish and PIA. The rusult was a throttled output everytime.

Ah that's a problem then due to glitching etc. It seems one problem gets solved only to come across another one!!

I have virgin superhub2. Im looked for hours and cant find what im looking for if anyone can help it wud be much appreciative as im not computer minded

You don't need a vpn
Bt havnt blocked you they block your servers streams.
Find a provider who has a vpn there end and you will not need a vpn

Correct, you don't need a vpn but I prefer to use one. It's only a matter of time until they start legally targeting the user.

Correct, you don't need a vpn but I prefer to use one. It's only a matter of time until they start legally targeting the user.
they will not normally target the user as it just to complicated they try and shut down the server as it whacks out thousands. I have heard people are paying £50 a year for a server well don't be surprised if it gets waked out.

Its a DDOS attack on your sub providers url. There are a lot of providers who are still up and running. In the short term its easier to get a decent sub. Long term a flashed router with decent speed is only going to get more expensive, and inevitable.

Its a DDOS attack on your sub providers url. There are a lot of providers who are still up and running. In the short term its easier to get a decent sub. Long term a flashed router with decent speed is only going to get more expensive, and inevitable.
Bang right(... laserguy100...

Don't you think people on here probably some with their head buried in the sand or even a bit clued up who knows? are even bothered to read the ongoing ISPs i.e Court order to Block/Throttle/Disrupt live-
B/EPL Matches for the duration of the B/EPL 2017/18 Season) ever seem to think...
to read up or just see recent posts"(dozens by the way)in basic techkings threads some not even in the right techkings threads (Granted)...every day. Christ were only in the third week of the B/EPL Season.
Like been said before umpteen times you can have a VPN/Configured Router/or Sub from the NSA
but if your IPTV Server as been blocked at source etc/their end/ by your one & only & first one on your Christmas Card list-your ever forgiving well paid ISPs. But some good news...
theirs a lot of IPTV Servers already out there and have!! in the short term anyway got round the above
Issues?
Ps...VPN...Anybody with Box Standard Broadband will struggle with any VPN provider as you always
lose/Min/5Mbps off your true download speed and that's not "here say" it's a fact!
Plus a word of caution always ask your IPTV supplier first if you can use a VPN/your End/
or they could/will ban you and no refund.
Happy Viewing

Last edited:
Back