VPN on provider side

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
Some providers don't allow VPN because apparently they "use one on their side"

Is this to protect the customer too, or just themselves ? I always like to use a VPN just in case ISP aren't happy and cancel my internet

Imo a provider not allowing a customer to use a vpn is to be avoided, what you have to ask yourself is, why would they do that? most top providers allow it with no problems, plus with the Premier league blocks, it's a must now for UK and Ireland anyway.

Imo a provider not allowing a customer to use a vpn is to be avoided, what you have to ask yourself is, why would they do that? most top providers allow it with no problems, plus with the Premier league blocks, it's a must now for UK and Ireland anyway.

Yah thought so. Especially with the new season approaching there's usually all sorts of blocks etc going on

To keep yourself as safe as possible you need a vpn on, end off, a provider once told me, he can see every ip address that's connected to his service, so if that is the case, don't go with anyone who don't allow a vpn your end.

@NazoDoop when providers say they have vpn their side it means they have protection so that the powers that be don’t know what end users are connecting too and http isn’t as secure as another is secure click on your providers portal or dns where does it take you as a provider with security will point to some where completely different.
Incorrect bud providers that don’t allow vpns or have blocked vpns is because it’s what spies use and flags as multiple connections from different isp which then server companies send abusive emails to providers questioning irregular activity on a persons sub or their server.
Those that are still getting blocked just haven’t put money into protection and find it easier for d users to use vpn so they can sit back at a weekend and do what ever IMO.
As for blocks every provider has had long enough to understand how they work and implement things in place to prevent blocks and by law only 3 servers can be blocked and it’s mainly up server based companies that are blocked.
It’s each to their own really if providers allow them so be it but these that use a vpn constantly have they ever tried connecting without vpn on when epl is that would be interesting lol

Virgin block EPL for about three weeks at beginning of new footy season.
After that they never bother.
That's the only time I ever deploy the VPN, although I do use it for E2iplayer

@NazoDoop when providers say they have vpn their side it means they have protection so that the powers that be don’t know what end users are connecting too and http isn’t as secure as another is secure click on your providers portal or dns where does it take you as a provider with security will point to some where completely different.

Incorrect bud providers that don’t allow vpns or have blocked vpns is because it’s what spies use and flags as multiple connections from different isp which then server companies send abusive emails to providers questioning irregular activity on a persons sub or their server.
Those that are still getting blocked just haven’t put money into protection and find it easier for d users to use vpn so they can sit back at a weekend and do what ever IMO.
As for blocks every provider has had long enough to understand how they work and implement things in place to prevent blocks and by law only 3 servers can be blocked and it’s mainly up server based companies that are blocked.
It’s each to their own really if providers allow them so be it but these that use a vpn constantly have they ever tried connecting without vpn on when epl is that would be interesting lol
What did I say that was incorrect mate? I said imo if a provider doesn't allow a vpn they should be avoided, also blocks are happening to most providers, alot of providers don't give out a url no more, just a user and pass, most top providers don't mind the use of a vpn, and as for multiple connections, a provider can see how many connections a user is using so why would a vpn not be ok to use? From what I've heard also, vpn provider end isn't even a real thing, and even if it is, surely that only protects the provider and not his customer? If I don't use a vpn on a service which don't allow it, what protection does that offer me?

There are pretty strong suspicions ISP's track end user traffic. Using Sky my speeds would drop to an unusable level during big events and the Sunday 4pm EPL kick off regularly, this is why I now use a vpn for all illegal streaming. Not because a provider wants or needs me to, but to be in control of what my ISP can see.

There are pretty strong suspicions ISP's track end user traffic. Using Sky my speeds would drop to an unusable level during big events and the Sunday 4pm EPL kick off regularly, this is why I now use a vpn for all illegal streaming. Not because a provider wants or needs me to, but to be in control of what my ISP can see.
Totally agree, the impression I get when a vpn isn't allowed, provider covers his/her backside whilst his/her paying customers not allowed to protect themselves

What did I say that was incorrect mate? I said imo if a provider doesn't allow a vpn they should be avoided, also blocks are happening to most providers, alot of providers don't give out a url no more, just a user and pass, most top providers don't mind the use of a vpn, and as for multiple connections, a provider can see how many connections a user is using so why would a vpn not be ok to use? From what I've heard also, vpn provider end isn't even a real thing, and even if it is, surely that only protects the provider and not his customer? If I don't use a vpn on a service which don't allow it, what protection does that offer me?
I meant via vpn as that flags up as different isp/locations and can auto be blocked or deleted instantly.
correct a lot DONT give dns out anymore but it’s not hard to decompile an app to get the dns.
I was referring to providers who don’t allow vpn usage should be avoided when I said incorrect not a personal aim at you mate.
A vpn/security protects everyone I’ve never been blocked with the provider I’m with and don’t use vpn and I was with sky as my isp at that so they must have security/vpn in place to protect everyone
yeah they was bud as it was vm/sky who was monitoring peoples traffic and data and led them to servers that’s why most sky isp users with providers is now mandatory to use a vpn

I meant via vpn as that flags up as different isp/locations and can auto be blocked or deleted instantly.
correct a lot DONT give dns out anymore but it’s not hard to decompile an app to get the dns.
I was referring to providers who don’t allow vpn usage should be avoided when I said incorrect not a personal aim at you mate.
A vpn/security protects everyone I’ve never been blocked with the provider I’m with and don’t use vpn and I was with sky as my isp at that so they must have security/vpn in place to protect everyone

yeah they was bud as it was vm/sky who was monitoring peoples traffic and data and led them to servers that’s why most sky isp users with providers is now mandatory to use a vpn
I wasn't arguing with you baz, I was generally asking you what was incorrect from what I've said, so my next question is this, If a provider is using a vpn there side, how come people are still getting blocked when watching footy using sly as there broadband ? If a vpn is used providers end surly that stops that from happening.?

But there are still providers who don't allow even people who's isp is Sky to use a vpn. I'd avoid a provider who didn't let me use a vpn.

I wasn't arguing with you baz, I was generally asking you what was incorrect from what I've said, so my next question is this, If a provider is using a vpn there side, how come people are still getting blocked when watching footy using sly as there broadband ? If a vpn is used providers end surly that stops that from happening.?
I know you wasn’t arguing bud I really can’t answer that but as I can only speak from personal use and what I’ve seen
But there are still providers who don't allow even people who's isp is Sky to use a vpn. I'd avoid a provider who didn't let me use a vpn.
I completely get that bud but I can only speak from me been with sky and not been blocked and hadn’t had to use a vpn or wasn’t allowed to use one.
But on a side note a vpn would kill my isp speeds altogether lmfao

Back