VPN Query

channelking

Hi guys

For those who use VPN how do you find out which is the closest and best server to choose without losing huge speeds?

Nord VPN is pretty crap imo lose alot of speeds on any server from close countries like Ireland, France, Germany etc plus not always bypasses blocks.

I am guessing more who use VPNs dont lose much speeds as they use the closest and best servers.

Always best yo use a vpn close to you like UK has many servers to choose from so always best to use UK imo the further out countries you choose the more speeds you loose

But I was under impression mate if you select UK servers for example for 3pm blocks that wont unblock so to speak.

Just not sure why people rate nord VPN. Have hacked version of Nord but only used few times and seems more issues using VPN. Maybe not selecting right server dont know tbh.

For example 40-50mb speed wirelessly I get depending on wireless frequency/band I am using, then with VPN on drop to 20mb and even below that.

Court order issued awhile back to block IP*V advertisers was for the major ISPs to block streams at end users.
List currently blocking streams:
Sky.
Virgin Media.
BT.
TalkTalk.
EE.
Vodaphone.
Plusnet.

If your connection is non of the above you have no issues.

Sorry mate not good with VPN or this.stuff.

Just thought pointless using UK servers as most ISPs put blocks in UK.
I use VPN Nord connected to a UK(London)server.my ISP is Talk and I have never yet had any problem with 3pm's,yes my speed is reduced from 75 mb to 20 mb but that is more than enough to watch mainly trouble free 99% of the time

I use VPN Nord connected to a UK(London)server.my ISP is Talk and I have never yet had any problem with 3pm's,yes my speed is reduced from 75 mb to 20 mb but that is more than enough to watch mainly trouble free 99% of the time

Nord seems hit and miss for me. Some things it bypasses blocks and others it doesn't.

So no matter what you would always lose a big chunk of speeds with VPN?

Didn't expect you to lose so much speeds even connected to UK server. Thought would be slightly less.

Nord seems hit and miss for me. Some things it bypasses blocks and others it doesn't.

Didn't expect you to lose so much speeds even connected to UK server. Thought would be slightly less.

Speed doesn't matter providing it's not glitching or buffering. It's also down to your latency/ping to the server.

I've just recently moved across to Nord from IPVanish and there wasn't to me that much difference my Broadband reduction was the same from 75 to 20mb respectfully .there are various options like p2p.dedicated server and obfuscate that I have tried and really didn't have a problem,but I did read that certain Media companies have software enabled that picks up VPN users and will block them, the Beeb being one in particular but I believe that Nord will somehow allow you to view Beeb's Iplayer whilst abroad.I will soon know next week when off for a late break in the Sun.. :sunglasses:

I've just recently moved across to Nord from IPVanish and there wasn't to me that much difference my Broadband reduction was the same from 75 to 20mb respectfully .there are various options like p2p.dedicated server and obfuscate that I have tried and really didn't have a problem,but I did read that certain Media companies have software enabled that picks up VPN users and will block them, the Beeb being one in particular but I believe that Nord will somehow allow you to view Beeb's Iplayer whilst abroad.I will soon know next week when off for a late break in the Sun.. :sunglasses:

Speaking of Nord your right they have various options like p2p, dedicated server, double vpn and obfuscate but which exactly is the best to choose and especially for speed?

Speaking of Nord your right they have various options like p2p, dedicated server, double vpn and obfuscate but which exactly is the best to choose and especially for speed?
I just select GB and then chose p2p and it connects to a London server( I don't turn it off when finished with Firestick)the various speed tests I ran with Fast.com,ookla and the option inside the XCiptv player all give me a reading of 20 mb which is more than enough, where buffering occurs I find it's usually on $ly sports or BT,my provider offers a lot of other sports channels to watch footy on and I get No buffering and the picture quality is far better

Back