VPN Recommendations - 2021

fromabove

Hi,

Just wondering if I could have some suggestions for decent VPN providers for 2021?

There's plenty to choose from I know, NordVPN seems to be advertised everywhere but I've heard mixed reviews.

I'd rather have some real life opinions for VPN services, rather than some fake reviews found on Google etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers

Alot of people use surfshark as cheap and reliable but there is quite a few good ones around some offer trials for 7 days
Surfshark
Proton vpn
Hide my ass
Ghost vpn
Nord
Express
Digibit(shite)
Libertyshield
Spider vpn
Just to name a few vpns there it's about which one will work the best and cause minimul speed loss when connected to your vpn.

Go through Quidco or TopCashBack and you can get a good vpn really cheap.

I use Surfshark. Used digibit in the past, but that went downhill - although others still swear by it. I also have a free KeepSolid and another free vpn on some of my devices.

Ipvanish is good
Bird is decent.
PIA is excellent

Depends which works best for you.

As what works well for someone else may not work well for you.

I have always bought the dodgy types from fleabay, some people say they don't last! I have never had that problem and before make sure seller is on WhatsApp or Telegram so you have recourse!! The modded Express on here works well too

Thanks guys for the feedback.

I've gone for ProtonVPN after a recommendation from a friend, not too expensive and ticks all the boxes too!

I don't suppose there's a generic VPN plugin that'll work with ProtonVPN? All the plugins so far haven't got any options to use this particular provider. Their website provides a Fedora/Linux based app or CLI but I haven't got the experience/knowledge yet as to implementing this into OpenVix. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

I don't suppose there's a generic VPN plugin that'll work with ProtonVPN? All the plugins so far haven't got any options to use this particular provider. Their website provides a Fedora/Linux based app or CLI but I haven't got the experience/knowledge yet as to implementing this into OpenVix. Any advice would be great.

Thanks
if you can download their openvpn config files then try vpn manager

If your going to use proton VPN directly on a enigma 2 devices then that’s just asking for issues and a headache. Just get a firestick or a decent android device mate as they have more welly and are designed for resource intensive applications. Although I am sure protonVPN doesn’t have an app in the Amazon App Store and I am not sure if you can sideload it, I hear you can but personally I haven’t tried but I did look at proton in the past. Will be fine on a decent android box though.

my advice would be if you are to run the VPN from the router.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I followed Urie's advice - found a download for VPN Manager for OpenVix (Enigma2 in general download), found the OpenVPN .ovpn/.conf within my account, placed in the necessary location on my VU+ box, installed with the instructions found online.

The app is a little tricky to setup, but after quite some time I managed to get my box to appear elsewhere in the world!

Back