VPN Router help

mike81

Hi, ive recently fitted another router (asus) to run alongside my SH3 router. Ive installed a VPN onto it. It works great when on wifi, perfect infact. But if i plug a device into the LAN port of the VPN router, the vpn doesnt cover that device, only via wifi. Is this normal or is there a way around this?

Thanks
Mike

Hi, ive recently fitted another router (asus) to run alongside my SH3 router. Ive installed a VPN onto it. It works great when on wifi, perfect infact. But if i plug a device into the LAN port of the VPN router, the vpn doesnt cover that device, only via wifi. Is this normal or is there a way around this?

Thanks
Mike
I have liberty shield vpn router and covers both lan and WiFi mate

Cheers, did you have to do any settings for the LANside or not? Mine has a tab in the router menu for vpn, added subs and away i went. But just not sure if i need to physically change any settings for LAN. Or is it because im through a vermin hub? But as i said wifi is fine

Mine was pre configured mate so couldn't exactly say have you tried with just lan connected not wifi

Last edited:
Lol. Ive got a h2s box connected to it by lan, but vpn only works if i activate the vpn app in the box itself. But i thought the router should deal with it even if i didnt have the vpn app running on the h2s.

Lol. Ive got a h2s box connected to it by lan, but vpn only works if i activate the vpn app in the box itself. But i thought the router should deal with it even if i didnt have the vpn app running on the h2s.
It could be the app causing it not to connect via router mate have you gone into vpn router settings and had a look if lan enabled at all

It recognises the h2s is connected via lan on the homescreen on the router yes. Ive disabled the vpn app on the h2s itself but the vpn doesnt work. Only when i reactivate the app on the h2s plugins.

Have you ran a speed test on box as that tells you your location if connected or gone to menu setup network and device setup see if ip address has changed

Never ran a speed test on the box, but in the settings my ip doesnt change to what it should.
When you've disconnected the vpn on the box have you rebooted it other than that bit stuck as mine was pre configured so was just plug and play

Yea rebooted and picture doesnt come on. Put the box vpn on and picture comes back. I appreciate your help though mate

When you've disconnected the vpn on the box have you rebooted it other than that bit stuck as mine was pre configured so was just plug and play
Hi baz Ive purchased a liberty shield vpn router what's the best way to check my mag box is running off the vpn router.

Back