VPN Router - That works with the Superhub 3.0?

TheSource

TK Veteran
Hey guys,

My Dad has an Apple TV. It doesn't allow any VPN's to be downloaded etc. He will very rarely will need to use a VPN but sometimes he will for something that's Geo Restricted.

I'm looking for something really simple here. Basically he will use his regular Superhub for everything he needs to do. And on the odd occasion switch over to the VPN Router to allow him to access something that's Geo Restricted.

He lives a fair bit away from me so would be ideal if its maintenance free. Basically he just needs to switch Wifi Connections when needs be. I have a few VPNs so just looking for something simple to load the VPN on the router and away we go. Would be great if I could just plug something into his LAN port and it just remains left on.

Would something like this do the job?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073TSK26W/?tag=techkingsorg-21

Thanks,
@bazcfc1 I think you were using something similar. Libery Shield. Do you think this would work mate?
I was using libertyshield is it pre configured mate? Usually most you just connect to normal everyday isp router via ethanet and job done just connect which ever device is need to vpn router

Gotcha, I don't need to put the SuperHub into Modem Mode do I? I can just plug it into another ethernet port on my main router and use both. Mainly just connect when my dad needs the VPN. It's not pre configured mate only issue I think I have is getting the VPN on it?

Gotcha, I don't need to put the SuperHub into Modem Mode do I? I can just plug it into another ethernet port on my main router and use both. Mainly just connect when my dad needs the VPN. It's not pre configured mate only issue I think I have is getting the VPN on it?
I'm not too sure how vm works with plugging external routers in mate should be easy to load vpn onto it at, a guess should be a guide in the booklet explaining what, to do

I used a netgear not for a vpn but so i had extra ethernet connections in another room through homeplugs but left the wifi on also.

Hey guys,

My Dad has an Apple TV. It doesn't allow any VPN's to be downloaded etc. He will very rarely will need to use a VPN but sometimes he will for something that's Geo Restricted.

I'm looking for something really simple here. Basically he will use his regular Superhub for everything he needs to do. And on the odd occasion switch over to the VPN Router to allow him to access something that's Geo Restricted.

He lives a fair bit away from me so would be ideal if its maintenance free. Basically he just needs to switch Wifi Connections when needs be. I have a few VPNs so just looking for something simple to load the VPN on the router and away we go. Would be great if I could just plug something into his LAN port and it just remains left on.

Would something like this do the job?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073TSK26W/?tag=techkingsorg-21
[/QUOTE yes ive got one, literally got a swittch to change over at will. plug into one port on the router.

Back