VPN router?

One option would be buy a decent Asus router and configure it to run any VPN, that way you have a choice of the whole market.
It’s easy to configure them using the routers own firmware. Surfshark are offering 2 years vpn for £38.
This way you have more flexibility and choice.

One option would be buy a decent Asus router and configure it to run any VPN, that way you have a choice of the whole market.
It’s easy to configure them using the routers own firmware. Surfshark are offering 2 years vpn for £38.
This way you have more flexibility and choice.

This is how I have express vpn setup, download a config file, upload it to the router, job done.

The only minor issue I have have had is Amazon video detects Vpn enabled, jump on the phone and switch it off.

I think the poster may be referring to such as the arm Gl-inet router, not quite 20£ , more like 30-40£ or so, but still a good router for the money, I have 1 , and couldnt fault it, as long as you are aware of its limitations, and that 13M download is as good as you can hope for.

It all depends on how much the OP wants to spend. If cheap is attractive, read on.

I have had one of these for 18 months now (used to be £35-40 as steptoe suggested), It works faultlessly running OpenVpn from PIA, Windscribe and VPNUnlimited. If you do not need a direct ethernet connection to your box a version can be bought for under £20. Both would deliver c13mbps running OpenVpn as indicated. Absolutely fab vpn or travel routers, for the price. Think their cpu blows the socks off the like of cheap LibertyShield routers, which while cheap to buy might cost you a fortune (comparatively speaking, see below) for vpn sub. Don't know whether it is still the case, but LibertyShield used to lock their router in to their own vpn service, so the router will be an expensive door stop when you choose not to subscribe.

Being cheap, I bagged a lifetime sub of VPNUnlimited for well under £20. Such deals come up at StackSocial regularly. To make life easy, it is a good idea to figure out how to put a particular vpn service on the router before committing to buy the vpn service. GLi has a guide here.

It all depends on how much the OP wants to spend. If cheap is attractive, read on.

I have had one of these for 18 months now (used to be £35-40 as steptoe suggested), It works faultlessly running OpenVpn from PIA, Windscribe and VPNUnlimited. If you do not need a direct ethernet connection to your box a version can be bought for under £20. Both would deliver c13mbps running OpenVpn as indicated. Absolutely fab vpn or travel routers, for the price. Think their cpu blows the socks off the like of cheap LibertyShield routers, which while cheap to buy might cost you a fortune (comparatively speaking, see below) for vpn sub. Don't know whether it is still the case, but LibertyShield used to lock their router in to their own vpn service, so the router will be an expensive door stop when you choose not to subscribe.

Being cheap, I bagged a lifetime sub of VPNUnlimited for well under £20. Such deals come up at StackSocial regularly. To make life easy, it is a good idea to figure out how to put a particular vpn service on the router before committing to buy the vpn service. GLi has a guide here.
£60 for year with libertyshield and tbh anything that says lifetime I wouldn't trust my self but tmo

Well I was also pretty unaware if I can setup VPN on my router. Then I came across a support guide which shows complete step by step solution to setup a VPN on router.

However some of the top listed VPNs I came across are:

1. Asus RT-AC88U Dual-Band Router
  2. D-Link AC5300 Ultra Wi-Fi Router (DIR-895L/R)
  3. Asus RT-AC5300 Wireless AC5300 Tri-Band Gigabyte

Each support different number of wired LAN ports and provide different security levels (WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPS, WPA2-Enterprise, 802.1x Authentication, RADIUS Server )
Some have pre installed VPN client whereas others need installation, which is again said available at PureVPN Review - An In Depth Review of Speed, Servers And Features for PureVPN but you may find these steps in the knowledge panel of each VPN service.

Back