VPN Router

XC60

Hi everyone
Have decided to try a VPN router with Nord vpn. Have 2 Laptops, 2 Zgemma Boxes and a Smart tele though not all on a the same time.
Will I have to alter anything on my 2 boxes (other than ip address) to be able to get items from e2iplayer working?
ps. Great site, helped no end with set ups etc.

moshibeth

TK Veteran
Hi everyone
Have decided to try a VPN router with Nord vpn. Have 2 Laptops, 2 Zgemma Boxes and a Smart tele though not all on a the same time.
Will I have to alter anything on my 2 boxes (other than ip address) to be able to get items from e2iplayer working?
ps. Great site, helped no end with set ups etc.
Just plug the vpn router into your existing router and plug zgemma boxes into vpn router. What download speed are you getting as a vpn will slow your download speeds. E2iplayer is not worth using these days get a firestick and use the apps like Cinema HD for free streams

Ferret.

VIP Member
Best VPN routers are stand alone routers such as the asus RT-AC86U and upward different level than those cheap plugin things that max out at around 16-18mb. The AC86U is capable of maxing a 100mb box out over VPN.

Once you have added a VPN account to the router you dont need to do anything on the Box.

moshibeth

TK Veteran
Best VPN routers are stand alone routers such as the asus RT-AC86U and upward different level than those cheap plugin things that max out at around 16-18mb. The AC86U is capable of maxing a 100mb box out over VPN.

Once you have added a VPN account to the router you dont need to do anything on the Box.
Not everyone is technical see Fez which is why they buy a pre configured one.

XC60

Have bought Asus RT-AC86U and getting Nordvpn on offer cheap for 2 years through '£co'.
All not set up yet but looked at Asus firmware and is it better to flash Merlin or leave as is? What kind of benefit will I get with Merlin

Ferret.

VIP Member
Have bought Asus RT-AC86U and getting Nordvpn on offer cheap for 2 years through '£co'.
All not set up yet but looked at Asus firmware and is it better to flash Merlin or leave as is? What kind of benefit will I get with Merlin
Good lad take no notice of topchippyles moshi.

I would flash Merlin yes it gives you more control over the VPN for instance you can run any dodgy boxes through the VPN while leaving things that are not doing owt dodgy through your ISP.

Most people buy the Asus to load Merlin on.

Kaspas4450

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
I also agree with @Ferret. this was exactly the first thing (well apart from plug them in that is :smiley:) I done with my Asus Routers when I got them, updated the Firmware with ASUSWRT-Merlin, never looked back (y)

coozer

I also agree with @Ferret. this was exactly the first thing (well apart from plug them in that is :smiley:) I done with my Asus Routers when I got them, updated the Firmware with ASUSWRT-Merlin, never looked back (y)
Same here, my linksys is about 450 from the vpn store and i paid 120 for mine and flashed it with DD-WRT... never looked back