Vpn with mag box

bangloud

Hi all,
Sorry if my question in wrong forum couldnt see vpn section.set up a tp link 841n router with l2tp vpn to use to connect mag 322 to virgin hub 3 but wont connect any ideas please.works on my bt hub.

No m8.i read something about that.would that solve problem if so baz would this effect any other devices using the router e.g pc amazon echo etc or would modem mode not matter to these.Cheers

Hi mate, I have a mag 322 running through an Asus router with a vpn and superhub 3 in modem mode with no problems. Maybe a test with another provider will give you some answers

No m8.i read something about that.would that solve problem if so baz would this effect any other devices using the router e.g pc amazon echo etc or would modem mode not matter to these.Cheers
See I have a vpn router connected to my normal isp router but I know with some routers and vm they have to go in modem mode but I'm not with vm is it the router not connecting or your iptv

The router is tp linktl wr841n with pia vpn installed using l2tp protocol if plugged into my bt hub6 it work fine i restart network on zgemma h2s and my iptv sub works fine.plug router into virgin sh3 and router shows 3 lights 2 green but centre light stays amber.no network connection at box.

The router is tp linktl wr841n with pia vpn installed using l2tp protocol if plugged into my bt hub6 it work fine i restart network on zgemma h2s and my iptv sub works fine.plug router into virgin sh3 and router shows 3 lights 2 green but centre light stays amber.no network connection at box.
Does your provider has isp lock just a thought if you keep changing to bt hub could it be locked to that on the server or ask your provider to kick your line have you tried connecting a different device to your vpn router say on wifi on your vm hub

Got location on router set to netherlands.when i connect to router over wifi on my phone and go to whats my ip location it does state netherlands.if i plug ethernet cable in laptop and go on internet explorer it comes up in dutch so all good there.just read about turning web safe off in apps on virgin this may block.

Just an update.anyone work this out.i emailed pia vpn who i got account with to be told they don't support l2tp protocol only in ddwrt which can't be flashed onto tp link tl dr841n v14.they don't support l2tp in tp link firmware.so looks like ive wasted either money on 4 routers or 2yr sub with pia .But the strange thing is the router is connected to my bt hub 6 i get Netherlands server on speedtest on zgemma and iptv sub works and connects ok.and laptop connected to router comes up with dutch iexplorer yet pia say it not supported how come.

Back