VU+ Duo 2

wgnrblay

I have a duo 2 cable tuner I want to convert to satellite at the end of the month. I also have a motorised dish all set and working, but it only has one feed. So on duo do I get 2 single tuners and loop thru on to the other? I know I can only watch and record on 1 sat at a time. Any information much appreciated.

Are the tuners changeable ?? Some of the vu+ boxes are and just look at the rear and you will see screws by the tuner feeds if they are (y)

Are the tuners changeable ?? Some of the vu+ boxes are and just look at the rear and you will see screws by the tuner feeds if they are (y)
Yes of course it's a real vu+ box not a clone.
So what would I need getting back to the original question?

Take the cable tuner out and replace it with a DVB-S tuner, you will need a LNB with more than one output to record one channel while watching another.

Take the cable tuner out and replace it with a DVB-S tuner, you will need a LNB with more than one output to record one channel while watching another.
No all are changeable which is why i asked him to look :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

How can the Duo 2 record the claimed 16 channels at once? My box came with 1 S2 tuner, with "loop out", in Tuner-2 position and one dual T2 tuner in Tuner-1 position. I have ordered a dual S2 tuner and plan to have the single tuner in the 1-position and the dual S2 in the 2-position, linking it all to the dish with a one dual (shotgun) cable. If I connect one of the cables to the single tuner, and the other to the dual tuner, then use the loop out from the single to the dual for the other conection, that seems to mean that I will end up 3 tuners?

How can the Duo 2 record the claimed 16 channels at once? My box came with 1 S2 tuner, with "loop out", in Tuner-2 position and one dual T2 tuner in Tuner-1 position. I have ordered a dual S2 tuner and plan to have the single tuner in the 1-position and the dual S2 in the 2-position, linking it all to the dish with a one dual (shotgun) cable. If I connect one of the cables to the single tuner, and the other to the dual tuner, then use the loop out from the single to the dual for the other conection, that seems to mean that I will end up 3 tuners?

First link explains it:

Duo 2 record the claimed 16 channels - Google Search

So, as I understand it, from what I9 have read, on Fressat there are 35 different “transponders”, each transponder is distinct from any other, it terms of having its own unique mix of Transponder (TP) Frquency, polarisation V or H) and intermediate frequency (IF). A satellite dish’s LNB can only pick up on “transmission channel” at a time. Each of these “transmissions” can carry different sets of programmes, for example

e.g.1: 10714 H/DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6 /964Mhz L = Channel 4, E4, Film4, More4+1
One LNB attached to a Duo 2 would allow me to record Channel 4 and watch E4, or record both E4 and Film 4 and watch Channel 4.

e.g. 2: 10773 H/ DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6 /1023 MHz L = BBC Four, BBC One CI, BBC One East W, BBC One Lon, BBC One West, BBC RB 1, BBC Two, CBeebies
One LNB attached to a Duo 2 would allow me to record any combination of these, while watching another, i.e. watch BBC1, while recording BBC 4, 2 and CBBebies.

e.g. 3: 12129 V/ DVB-S QPSK 27500 5/6 /1529 MHz H = Dave, Drama, YESTERDAY
One LNB attached to a Duo 2 would allow me to record any two of these, while watching another, i.e. watch Dave, while recording Drama and YESTERDAY

But a dual LNB attached to a Duo 2 can only let me record from one transponder (but multiple programs on that transponder) while watching another programme from a different transponder. So I cannot record programs from two different transponders at the same time, while watching another on a third transponder, e.g. I can’t watch BBC1 at the same time as recording both E4 and Dave.

This is very different to my old sky box, where a dual LNB only allowed to you to watch one TV channel and record another. It is also different to Sky Q, that actually controls a special LNB that does some of the decoding to offer multiples transponder signals to the Sky Q box.

Whew!! I guess that this also means that my plan of taking a dual LNB cable to a single S2 tuner plus a twin S2 Tuner, with loop-out from the single to the twin is not actually going to solve this. That is, it will not allow me to record from 3 transponders at the same time, as it actually the LNB feeds which are the limiting factor?

Help!

when i had my old solo2 with 2 sat feeds i could record 3 recordings on same tp and another 3 on second tuner on different tp.

I could not view any other channel on different tp but could view my hdd recordings at the same time.

Boxes that vary that can have swappable plug and play tuners are better as not fixed to one source.

Any sat tuner needs its own feed to work correctly and would not use a loop as one could use that for freeview/cable.

I updated lnb years ago to an octo and many feeds around the house not in use now, for the moment.

Reading post again suggests your sat tuner is a twin?

Last edited:
I have just got it and it came with a single sat tuner (with loop out) and a dual C/T . I have just ordered a dual sat to replace the dual C/T.

Having some problems with my box (can't fast forward/rewind recordings) and probably need to update, so I can't check what I can record for a while. Howwver, it seem likley that it wil the same as most other boxes, i.e. watch one record one in general. However, I have noticed that the new Duo 4K claims that to support 8 demodulators per slot namley "Dual FBC(Full Band Capture) Tuner enables you to enjoy with variety channels up to 8 satellite signals"? Any idea how this works then? 2 cables and 8 channels? That seem to mean watch one and record 7 transponders or is still the same as before? If the former, can the indidual tuner cards be retro fitted to an older Duo 2 , or is it a matter of lack of processor speed and memory?

Back