Vu duo freezes and sometimes reboots with iptv

ashy127

i wonder if anyone can help me please . My vu duo keeps freezing ( blue spinning circle) when changing channel on my vu duo. Or sometimes I’ll go to change channel and it just stay on the current channel , then the blue circle appears and I have to switch the box on and off . I’m using iptv through trend xtreme plugin and open vid. Any advice would be appreciated . I have a badic knowledge so idiots advice would be good

Blue spinning circle normally points to the hard drive that is being used on the box, as it's trying to do something. Do you have another hard drive that you can use to test it, your existing one may just be faulty or on it's way out.

Hmmmm I’ve just installed vix on the box should I have initialised the hard drive ? Or do yiu still think it’s faulty? I’ll try another just in case . Thanks

Yes, initialise the hard drive first. Sorry, I forgot to say that. If you initialise it and the same thing still happens then try another hard drive. Also, make sure your EPG/Recordings etc are all set to save to the hard drive and not the internal memory.

Do I need to create a swap file ? Only asking because I e read this elsewhere , but not sure if that links to iptv

Is your HDD mains or USB powered?
Always better to be mains powered as USB one's seem to cause problems

I always go into Settings>EPG and change the save location to HDD/USB to be certain. Swap files are more for machines with low memory, so you should not need one on your machine, but it does no harm. USB powered HDD, I have never had a problem with these and neither have many other people, but personal preference.....I'm not here to disagree with anyone's opinion.

he said vu duo which is an old slow box needing swapfile and cacheflush and has internal hdd and i had epg going to usb micro in rear.
dont load box with loads of plugins as just use the basics.

Back