Vu+duo problem

emmerdale

Hi guys i have a vu+duo with a vix image installed on it my problem is when i put the box in standby for the night i get up the next morning and the box has turned its self on . Could it have some thing to do with the auto bouquet that downloads bouquet that is set to download at 4-15am daily . or do you think the box needs a reflash any advice would be a help thanks in advance.

possible but more likely epg issue if using rytec,i use open cross epg set to usb and abm updates with no issues in standby.

Hi thanks for your reply yes i use open cross epg two . set to my hard drive it updates ok. its just the problem of the dam thing turning on every morning. maybe a reflash is in order. but thanks any way.

boxes should not start coming on by themselves,i would check if someone is logging into your box via router ?
you could disable abm and epg update for 2 days so no updates are been done to see if box is still coming on.
are you streaming to a tablet or phone?

Set them to download when you're up so you can see what's happening. If seems ok set a power timer to standby say 15 mins after the last one runs in the morning see if still on in the morning. I had this happen on an older version of Vix a few times.

Hi thanks for your reply yes i use open cross epg two . set to my hard drive it updates ok. its just the problem of the dam thing turning on every morning. maybe a reflash is in order. but thanks any way.[/QUOTE

Try storing your EPG onto a USB stick, or internal flash to see if that helps...

Hi thanks for your reply yes i use open cross epg two . set to my hard drive it updates ok. its just the problem of the dam thing turning on every morning. maybe a reflash is in order. but thanks any way.[/QUOTE

Try storing your EPG onto a USB stick, or internal flash to see if that helps...
Thanks for all your advice guys i will try using a usb stick tonight when i get in

Back