Vu Solo 2 Image upgrade?

sullydog

Hi
Haven't visited for a few years as my existing setup has served me well since 2017.

I've used my box since about 2015. Initially on Sat.
when most sat connections died i started IPTV with mixed results, until i found a decent supplier via this site.
Support has always been spot on, so i dont feel the need to look elsewhere.

I have always used Openvix and until recently I was running 5.4.009 I noticed that i could not update/delete any of the plugins
I upgraded to 6.2. 011
Flashed as i always have done using the methods i learnt from this site.

Everything seemed ok , until i loaded my IPTV app via PUTTY.

Everything appeared to load correctly as it always has

I can see all available Freesat channels, i can display the various IPTV sections, LIVE EVENTS , UK News etc but if i enter a section it just displays a list of channel numbers and N/A after each channel number.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

It was suggested that i try a different image such as OpenITV ?

Not sure where i get this from? Is method of Flashing the same? Recommended version?

Can someone hold my hand please? LOL

cheers

Might help if we knew what putty was installing to determine why the bouquets appears empty.

OpenATV image if you decided to go that way and yes via usb.

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Hi
Haven't visited for a few years as my existing setup has served me well since 2017.

I've used my box since about 2015. Initially on Sat.
when most sat connections died i started IPTV with mixed results, until i found a decent supplier via this site.
Support has always been spot on, so i dont feel the need to look elsewhere.

I have always used Openvix and until recently I was running 5.4.009 I noticed that i could not update/delete any of the plugins
I upgraded to 6.2. 011

Everything seemed ok , until i loaded my IPTV app via PUTTY.

Everything appeared to load correctly as it always has

I can see all available Freesat channels, i can display the various IPTV sections, LIVE EVENTS , UK News etc but if i enter a section it just displays a list of channel numbers and N/A after each channel number.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

It was suggested that i try a different image such as OpenITV ?

Not sure where i get this from? Is method of Flashing the same? Recommended version?

Can someone hold my hand please? LOL

cheers
I think openvix 6.2 uses python3 and if the plugin you are installing is XE you will require the python3 version as python2 version won't work on py3, use this command in putty for py3 version

wget -O /tmp/install.sh "http://xeev.net/files/ipk/install3.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh

I upgraded to 6.2. 011
Are you using servicetype 5001 or 5002? If you are install serviceapp from plugins, system plugins and reboot box and check if the channels show

Are you using servicetype 5001 or 5002? If you are install serviceapp from plugins, system plugins and reboot box and check if the channels show
Hi 5002 as per my setup instructions from provider.

ill try serviceapp plugin before i try image change thanks

Hi 5002 as per my setup instructions from provider.

ill try serviceapp plugin before i try image change thanks
If you use XE for IPTV you have to install py3 version on that image of openvix
If you pasted the old command line into Putty it won't work

I think openvix 6.2 uses python3 and if the plugin you are installing is XE you will require the python3 version as python2 version won't work on py3, use this command in putty for py3 version

wget -O /tmp/install.sh "http://xeev.net/files/ipk/install3.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh
Hi and thanks for replying
are you saying i could try the above link to install the XE app or this what i use if i get a Py3 version?

Sorry for lack of understanding.

Cheers

Hi and thanks for replying
are you saying i could try the above link to install the XE app or this what i use if i get a Py3 version?

Sorry for lack of understanding.

Cheers
The new Vix image you have flashed will not run the old version of XE you tried to install.

You may have to remove the existing XE first then reboot and use putty to install the py3 version via command line I sent earlier

Serviceapp needs to be installed on any image using 5001/5002.

No need to do anything just install serviceapp and reboot box
Hi Found and tried serviceapp
no difference to my setup.
as an aside, i've been using the same app since 2017, and i have never had to install any other app after installing with PUTTY
Cheers

The new Vix image you have flashed will not run the old version of XE you tried to install.

You may have to remove the existing XE first then reboot and use putty to install the py3 version via command line I sent earlier
Ahhh, now i understand.
I'll give it a whirl this evening.
Thanks for your input, all appreciated. Thanks

Hi Found and tried serviceapp
no difference to my setup.
as an aside, i've been using the same app since 2017, and i have never had to install any other app after installing with PUTTY
Cheers
The plugin still works on older images, you have put a new image on the box, which means you have to use the newer plugin

Looking at your providers script it looks like a modified e2m3ubouquet plugin and they have a py3 check in the script so it looks compatible. Double check with your provider it is py3 compatible

..... and it will remain reliable if you stick to ATV 6.4.
Most other images are now python 3 and the plugin author would have to update it to be python 3 compliant if you want a more modern image.

I know the ViX Team have got rid of python 2 altogether now, don't know about OpenPli.

Most other images are now python 3 and the plugin author would have to update it to be python 3 compliant if you want a more modern image.

I know the ViX Team have got rid of python 2 altogether now, don't know about OpenPli.
So there's no older versions of Vix that use python2?

The op was on Vix 5.4 and upgraded to 6.2.

@sullydog if no Vix images utilise py2 you'll have to install openatv 6.4, not v7 otherwise you'll be back in the same boat

Thanks Willo, in the middle of loading it now. Few things different than Vix, but im sure i'll get around them. If not i know i can get help

So there's no older versions of Vix that use python2?

The op was on Vix 5.4 and upgraded to 6.2.

@sullydog if no Vix images utilise py2 you'll have to install openatv 6.4, not v7 otherwise you'll be back in the same boat
I havent found anything higher than 5.4 I checked World of Sat lists and i can only find 6. Nothing in the archives
So ive started to install ATV.

Ill let you know how i get on
cheers

Back