VU+ SOLO 2 STUCK ON STARTING

didenno

Hi
My neighbour has asked me to flash his VU+ SOLO 2 box with the latest wooshbuild. I checked on techkings if there was an image for this then downloaded and transferred to kingston usb. The flash process is slightly different to what i'm use to as i have a zgemma h2s box, but it went through the process fine then when it said finished and rebooting i removed the usb. The box is now stuck on starting and on my tv screen i have an image showing the words (Vu+ your smart linux tv player) nothing else happens. Can anyone advise how to sort this issue please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a few users who have flashed their box using the same download.

What happens when you flash the box again?
Maybe download BaseBuild again and start again.
What happens if you download a standard OpenATV image for the box from OpenATV?

The only difference is that you have to press the button on the front to make it flash from the USB, the rest is the same as the H2S.

Ok. As i said earlier, i downloaded and unzipped the contents to my desktop to a basebuild folder then copied everything in the basebuild to a usb. The flash process worked but then when it started to reboot it just stuck and says starting on front of box. After about 5minutes of trying to start, it goes off again then tries to restart again but stuck again.

Re download either Wooshbuild or download whichever image you intend to flash.
If possible try using a different usb drive (Full format file system FAT32), if not fully format the original usb drive to FAT32,

Try and flash it again.

The fact it is getting to the 'starting' point is a good thing and a reflash should in most cases resolve the issue.

Might seem excessive but it helps to ensure that certain problems are not part of the issue.

STILL GOT SAME ISSUE, HERES WHAT I DID:

I RE-DOWNLOADED WOOSHBUILD V5 FOR VU+ SOLO 2

I CREATED A BASEBUILD FOLDER ON MY DESKTOP AND UNZIPPED WOOSHBUILD INTO IT

I COPIED FILES IN BASEBUILD FOLDER TO A KINGSTON FULLY FORMATTED USB

FILES ON USB
vuplus

INSIDE vuplus
solo2

INSIDE solo2
image version
kernal_cfe_auto.bin
reboot.update
root_cfe_auto.bin

I EJECTED USB FROM PC THEN WITH VU BOX TURNED OFF I INSERTED USB INTO FRONT USB PORT OF BOX THEN TURNED BOX ON.
I PRESSED POWER BUTTON THEN PRESSED STANDBY ON BOX (NOT REMOTE)
THE FOLLOWING DISPLAYED ON BOX FRONT PANEL

READING USB
ERASING
CONTINUING
FLASHING
CHECKING USB
UBIFS update (less than a minute)
FINISHED
REBOOTING (REMOVE USB)
STARTING

AGAIN BOX STAYS ON STARTING AND "Vu+ Your SMART Linux TV Player" MESSAGE SHOWS ON TV SCREEN

I TURNED BOX OFF AFTER NO CHANGE AND REPEATED ABOVE STEPS BUT THIS TIME USED REAR USB DRIVE AND STILL HAVE SAME ISSUE

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHERE I'M GOING WRONG

Do not open the vuplus folder [ don`t extract it`s contents ] Put the vuplus folder to the root of your usb stick, that should work m8

I did do that, i was just letting you know what was inside the vuplus folder in case something was missing

Try again, and when it says finished and rebooting, switch it off at the back of the box, remove the usb stick, then switch it back on, leave it long enough until you the boot logo [ picture ] Also make sure there is no other USB stick in the box ???

Try a different flash, openatv see if that will work, will rule out usb problem, cos its strange that the image is on there, but wont boot

The box originally had openvix on it but my neighbour wanted wooshbuild instead. He had box the box preloaded with openvix but even after i did all the above openvix now not on it so it obviously removed the image and installed wooshbuild or tried to. Its just i dont get wooshbuild image at all on startup screen and as i said it is stuck on starting. I am going to try as advised by wullboy then if i have same issue try openatv if someone can provide the image link for me please

your m8`s box maybe a clone, what was the vix image build that was on his box to start with m8, how old was the vix image, as clones can not accept any vix images after a certain build...???

Not sure because with intending to put wooshbuild, once i had seen openvix on startup i turned it off and began to flash. So are saying i might not be able to even put opentv image on then?

Yes i believe you can m8, but ive never had a clone [ if it is m8 ?? ] but clones can run with a few images, Black hole was the favourite with clones, after vix images locked them out, but you would need to check, Let see if you install the latest vix or woosh image as your friend requested..

Back