VU Solo SE V2 glitching/pixelating. Ideas appreciated!

esm

Morning all,

I've had a Solo SE V2 (cable tuner) for probably 2 years now, it started out fine but within a year the picture starting pixelating (I will try to upload a video later).

Basically if there is no network activity it is mostly fine, soon as I use any device on the network the picture scrambles and is unwatchable.

I have previously sent this back to VU, who stated a faulty tuner and supposedly replaced. Sadly it came back doing the same as before.

Is there anything else obvious to troubleshoot? I'm willing to open the box as my warranty is now out.

I should add that my parents Zgemma H5.2TC with same provider works perfect on same network, so it's definitely the box.

Any ideas appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you using oscam, if not m8, then try that, also make sure any connections are 100%, and if you are using any splitter, are they good makes, as it could be a few issue combined together

Last edited:
Are you using oscam, if m8, then try that, also make sure any connections are 100%, and if you are using any splitter, are they good makes, as it could be a few issue combined together

THanks for reply, I'm actually now starting to wonder about the splitter, will check when I get home. I know I purchased the recommended branded version that I found from this forum, so would hope it's ok.

I've just read on another post that signal that splits to box and router may be the issue, and that an attenuator may be required depending on what the levels are. Again, will check after work and maybe post my VM diagnostics on here as they may go over my head!

I may have just had a eureka moment, I remember my VM line is split outside right next to the brown box, with 1 line going in to my front room and another my living room. I wonder if this could potentially be affecting the signal or causing interference to the line which comes to my living room.

I've just purchased a female-to-female adapter to ignore first split

Yes, splitter after splitter weakens the signal.
If you need 3 connections get a 3-way splitter rather than several 2-way

So I had a dig around last night and found the following:

Line is split outisde house in the brown box, 2 way "Ecoline" 5-1000 splitter. Only one of these outputs is in use, which runs in to my living room (3m length).

When the line comes in to living room it is split with a Technetix 2 way splitter, to my router and VU+ box

The cable between the wall socket and splitter inside is a few metres (doesn't need to be)

The length between splitter and router/received are the same (around 0.5m).

My router readings are below, can anyone comment on if they appear normal please?

Screenshot_2019-10-09-20-23-30-192_com.android.chrome.pngScreenshot_2019-10-09-20-23-34-800_com.android.chrome.pngScreenshot_2019-10-09-20-23-41-590_com.android.chrome.png

Those are fine
If the exterior splitter isn't being used, replace it with a straight connector and see how it goes, unused sockets on splitters should be capped if not in use

Yeah power and signal levels look pretty bang on.
As pablo has stated remove the outside splitter and place a joiner on the line and then run the line as close to the router and box as possible and then wire your splitter in etc.
Also check the rf adapter that goes into the back of the box is a nice snug fit and not sloppy because sometimes the pins inside the rf socket can splay open a little and proper contact is not made ok.

Thanks chaps, don't want to jinx it but I've just replaced the splitter with connector and have run 2 speed tests on BTS1 with no pixelating!!

Back