VU+ Solo V2 SE Image by Ali3n

Ali3n

After struggling to find any images out there for the VU+ Solo V2 SE (Dual DVB-C Tuners), I decided to share mine, its based on Open ATV 6.0.

Its by all means not the best, but will hopefully require very little setup from yourself and you should be up and running within 10-15 minutes or so, with a quick and glitch free image.

Mgcamd pre installed (all you need to do is copy your newcamd.list to /usr/keys)
V-Skin Bolt skin by Kidda C
IPTV
Cache Flush
EMC 3.6
EPGRefresh
Media Player
Media Scanner
OpenWebif
Picture player
Programmlisten (Disabled)

Flashing
1.Get yourself a USB Stick and format with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool, format as Fat32. A quick format should be good enough. If not use HDD LLF tool, then quick format with windows on Fat32.
1a. Copy contents of rar to the root of the usb. All that should be on USB is vuplus\solose, then 4 files in the solose folder.
2.Ensure box is turned off using the switch on the rear of the unit and plug in USB at the rear.
3.Turn switch on - You will see the ringed light on the front of box pulsate and fade on and off. (Unit is flashing the image)
4.When the ringed lights are blinking on and off solidly, its finished flashing. You can now turn the box off at the rear.
5.Unplug your USB and turn the box back on, box will boot to a black screen.

FTP Lines to box
FTP your newcamd.list to /usr/keys. All you need in your newcamd.list is your lines.
If you want to record and watch another channel at the same time your more than likely going to need 2 lines. All you need to do is put them both in the newcamd.list as below;
CWS = *server* *port* *username* *password* 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
CWS = *server* *port* *username* *password* 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
You can just have the one line if you want, it just means you can only be active on one tuner.

Softcam Setup
Menu > Info Panel > SoftcamPanel.
Select Cam 1 = mgcamd_1.38r1
Red button to stop, green button to restart. It will tell you its restarting, once completed you should see some information at the bottom half of the screen, this is your line info and shows you've connected properly. You can now exit.

USB / HDD setup
Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices > Initialisation > OK on your device > Red button > yes to clear device.
Once completed it will kick you off the menu so, Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices > convert ext3 filesystem to ext4 > OK on your device > Red button > yes to convert.
Once completed will kick you off menu. All complete.

Swap File
Menu > info panel > plugins > swap manager > green button > select USB/HDD > 256mb.
It will now create a swapfile. Once created Red button (activate) > yellow button (autostart). You can now exit all the way out.

Configure tuners
Menu > setup > service searching > tuner configuration > select tuner A.
Change your "Network ID" to whatever your area is. Repeat this step for tuner B.

AutoBouquetsMaker
Menu > setup > service searching > Autobouquetsmaker > providers.
Change "- Virgin (UK): area" to your area (same as your tuner ID). Green to save. It will take you back to the previous menu.
Click on Start scan, it will now generate all your bouquets, once done exit all the way out.

EPG Setup
Menu > setup > epg > settings.
Ensure your "EPG Location" is set to your USB or HDD, if it inst just click left or right over it and select it. Once done continue below.
Menu > setup > epg > epgrefresh > yellow button > OK refresh now. It will take you back to EPG menu and show VM Previews screen on the top right. Its now updating your EPG. It usually takes around 2-3 minutes, and once done will put you back on the previous channel you were watching. Once its clicked you back to the previous channel you can safely say its done.
Once EPGrefresh has done go Load/save/delete > save epg > yes. EPG has now been saved, you can exit all the way out.

Recording & Timeshift
Menu > setup > recordings & timeshift > recording settings.
Make sure "default movie location" is set to your hdd/usb. Green to save.

Select Timeshift settings. Make sure "timeshift location" is set to your hdd/usb. Green to save.
(If you dont want the rewind live tv, in the timeshift setting set "enable autorecord" to NO.

Exit all the way out the menus, then Menu > standby / restart > restart.

You should now have a fully working singing and dancing dual tuning cable box :)
Please note, red button from TV takes you directly to IPTV player also.

EPG is set to refresh every early morning and automatically save.

Its getting late now so I better go bed. Any problems or suggestions then let me know and ill see if i can hit another version out.

Image available by clicking here (Hosted by mediafile)

Last edited:
very nice tut,it does not matter what tuners are in a box as images are made to suit it be it cable or sat.openvix also support this box.

you dont need a swapfile on these fast boxes.

Yeah would just need a few settings altered, but as I don't have sat it would of been hard for me to right a tut.

Yeah I was thinking that but I thought, hey it's not gonna hurt and they are easily swapped out :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back