Vu+solo02 freezing at boot up

Pablo317

Hi any help would be muchly appreciated ;

my vu solo 02 gets its knickers in a twist , (I think after using tsmedia mostly) restart or hard reboot sometimes ends up with the box saying "starting " followed quickly by "vu + solo 02 " on the LCD box screen ,

then it does absolutely nothing and basically freezes and the TV screen shows the start up openvix screen with the waterfall with no spinning vix or any progress at all,

multiple reboots doesn't work - only leaving for an hour or so eventually gets it working again, till the next time, pabs

might be best to do a complete new image and setup from scratch using no restored settings save your line details first before reflashing.
remember solo2 is the fastest e2 box booting up from off.what image is on box?

As cactikid says, reflash with a fresh image, not a back up and set up from scratch, make note of your line first, had a similar issue before on my solo2 but normally a power down for 10 secs and power back up sorted it until I updated the image (VIX too)

Also agree about boot time, mine takes about 15 secs from powered off, everything else feels like its froze lol

mine takes 45 seconds and the spinning vix ,its online for a box update weekend come one come all lol,hmm 4+ to do yawn.

Thanks , I'll have a go at the weekend , guess I go to WOS to obtain the latest vix image ( plus how do you turn off the auto updates ) ps thanks guys for the prompt reply pabs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

box will flash a green icon to tell of new update but until you act to do a software update online it wont.there might be a setting to turn off settings update?

MIne is in menu, setu[, system, software update settings, all mine say no except allow unstable updates which I always leave as yes

Back