Vu solo2 Timelock/time out when trying ABM?

ben_edwards

Hi, i have an old vu solo2 clone box in the bedroom. Single sat feed, only used for freeview channels. Problem is when i try and auto tune with ABM it just says something like timelock...... or tuner timeout......
I can get it tuned in by searching for all sly channels not using the ABM but the channels aren't in separate bouquets then and sly channels obviously dont work. I've read a few older posts from people with the same problem but nothing i tried seemed to work for me.

Any help or ideas? Thanks.

Which tuner has the signal wire?
What is tuner A set as?
What is tuner B set as?

Note: Freeview is received using an aerial.

Which tuner has the signal wire?
What is tuner A set as?
What is tuner B set as?

Note: Freeview is received using an aerial.

I’ve tried it in both, set both tuners the same and tried. Also tried only setting one tuner.

It’s just the FTA channels I’m trying to tune

Thanks for the reply

What version of abm is on box as there possibly is a newer version.

I’m honestly not sure, I’ve just reflashed the box with the latest vix, I though it might solve it but didn’t. Would the latest ABM not be added the the latest flash/vix?

You will kill that box as box is a clone And not supported by openvix.
Proper identification of box of who made it is vital and any stickers underneath.
Post up a few photos including rear of box
Openvix used on clones can brick them.

Stating what you tried before when asked about the current situation just confuses things. Please state the current hardware configuration for each tuner as well as the software configuration for each tuner.

Once we confirm that is correct (we all make mistakes), we can progress to the next test. Checking reception/scanning the frequency ABM uses for Sky UK. 11778, Vertical, 27500.

Incidentally, a manual, complete scan of 28.2 ( not selecting network scan), should yield 900+ channels.

You will kill that box as box is a clone And not supported by openvix.
Proper identification of box of who made it is vital and any stickers underneath.
Post up a few photos including rear of box
Openvix used on clones can brick them.
Sorry I should of said, it’s the clone version of openvix. Through the website found on the sticker with the box

Stating what you tried before when asked about the current situation just confuses things. Please state the current hardware configuration for each tuner as well as the software configuration for each tuner.

Once we confirm that is correct (we all make mistakes), we can progress to the next test. Checking reception/scanning the frequency ABM uses for Sky UK. 11778, Vertical, 27500.

Incidentally, a manual, complete scan of 28.2 ( not selecting network scan), should yield 900+ channels.
I have had tuners set to 28.2

I’m honestly not sure, I’ve just reflashed the box with the latest vix, I though it might solve it but didn’t. Would the latest ABM not be added the the latest flash/vix?

Yes latest openvix image would have the latest abm.
Has box got 2 working feeds and both tuners locked and getting a signal like Abu asked.

Your tuners need to be connected correctly and set correctly, especially as you only have one signal wire. Some people mistakenly use teh equal too option. Receivers with the 7356 SoC need to have the cable connected to tuner B if you are using internal loop through. You are not answering my question or I am phrasing it wrongly.

Should you wish to answer it, please re-read post post 2 and answer for the present situation. The past is not always relevant to fixing the current problem.

Can you receive 11778, vertical, 27500 on the configured tuner/s? Use signal finder to check.

Yes latest openvix image would have the latest abm.
Has box got 2 working feeds and both tuners locked and getting a signal like Abu asked.

The frequency for Sky has not changed. So having latest ABM does not matter. He only has one signal wire connected, he said he has a "single sat feed".

Your tuners need to be connected correctly and set correctly, especially as you only have one signal wire. Some people mistakenly use teh equal too option. Receivers with the 7356 SoC need to have the cable connected to tuner B if you are using internal loop through. You are not answering my question or I am phrasing it wrongly.

Should you wish to answer it, please re-read post post 2 and answer for the present situation. The past is not always relevant to fixing the current problem.

Can you receive 11778, vertical, 27500 on the configured tuner/s? Use signal finder to check.

I only have one cable in the bedroom, the box does have two feeds but obviously I can only use one.
If I connect the cable to A I set that to 28.2. Also setting B to 28.2. I have also tried it the other way round and then also tried setting the unused one too nothing.
Which ever one the cable is connected to I can get a full locked signal showing on the box. Just what ever I try it won’t tune through ABM
What should I have each tuner set to? I don’t have a separate signal finder sorry

The box does not have feed/s, it has tuner/s.

Feed = signal wire
You only have one cable/signal wire/feed to your room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The correct setup for your situation is as follows:

Wiring/hardware
Connect the signal wire into Tuner B.
Nothing will be connected to Tuner A.

Software/Tuner config:
Tuner A :
Set as Loop through to Tuner B

Tuner B:
Set as simple, single, 28.2

Please do as above and confirm what you have done so. If you don't want to, just say so.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You do not need a separate signal finder. It is on the image.
Menu > Setup> Tuners and scanning > Signal Finder

You must select 11778 V 27500. If it isn't listed, you will have to change from "predefined transponder" to "user defined transponder" and set the values yourself. See attached picture.

Attachments

• 11778 manual.jpg
    11778 manual.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 3
The box does not have feed/s, it has tuner/s.

Feed = signal wire
You only have one cable/signal wire/feed to your room.

The correct setup for your situation is as follows:

Wiring/hardware
Connect the signal wire into Tuner B.
Nothing will be connected to Tuner A.

Software/Tuner config:
Tuner A :
Set as Loop through to Tuner B

Tuner B:
Set as simple, single, 28.2

Please do as above and confirm what you have done so. If you don't want to, just say so.

You do not need a separate signal finder. It is on the image.
Menu > Setup> Tuners and scanning > Signal Finder

You must select 11778 V 27500. If it isn't listed, you will have to change from "predefined transponder" to "user defined transponder" and set the values yourself. See attached picture.

Thank you, I will give it a try when I get home from work and let you know what happens. Thanks again.

So I’ve managed to tune in a few channels. If I set the frequency to the one you said then I don’t get a signal. The one I have a full signal with is 12382.
If I have the freesat channels selected to try and tune I get the timelock message.
If I search for the sky channels it will scan and put everything into bouquets. I just can’t watch the sky channels only the fta ones.
Still it’s a lot better than before though, thank you.

There's an issue with your dish/LNB.

If you perform a manual scan, single satellite, 28.2, network scan=off, how many services do you get?

Back