Vu+ Solo2

lalineaman

TK Supporter
Good evening all,

I currently own a Vu+ Zero 4k, but I would like to find out whether it is worth buying a second hand Vu+ Solo2, as I have seen one for sale for around £50. The main reason is the twin tuner facility. I'd like to add that I need it solely for watching European channels via cccam.

Thank you!

Make sure its an original as possibly there might be clones about.
Good box Solo2 as have one here.
You must either have multisat or multi lnb to view i assume.

Thank you for the swift reply, @cactikid!

I do have a motorised dish and I am interested in the facility of watching one channel and recording another, albeit on the same satellite. I know that it is quite an old box now, but I would image that it is still a very good one!

How is it possible to tell a clone from an original?

Thank you for the swift reply, @cactikid!

I do have a motorised dish and I am interested in the facility of watching one channel and recording another, albeit on the same satellite. I know that it is quite an old box now, but I would image that it is still a very good one!

How is it possible to tell a clone from an original?
Very hard to tell without taking the lid off see the attached pdf

Attachments

• Vergleich VU+Solo2.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Hi @Ferret. thank you for your response!

I see that it is extremely difficult, by the attachments! I have watched a video on Youtube, since my post, and the chap on there points out a couple of details which may give an indication. Based on that, and the fact that I am not able to look at it prior to purchase,I shall go for it and keep my fingers firmly crossed!

Thank you again!

That is the very video that I have watched! I am buying it online so it is not possible to view it, but from the photos, it is indeed like the one at the bottom - an original - so 🤞!

Thank you all for the replies!

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I have received the Solo2 that I have purchased and it has accepted the latest version of VIX, so it appears that I am in possession of an original!

Now, this is the first receiver that I have owned, in which I am using VIX image, and I have a couple of questions, please:

1) Is it possible to run a receiver with a ccline, without a build?
2) what is the best build for VIX?

The reasons for these questions is that I have loaded Ccam 2.3.8, via IPK - as it works on a couple of other receivers, using OpenAtv and Wooshbuild - and loaded my line details in Ccam.config but, when I go to Software Manager to enable the cam, it crashes!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in anticipation!

You dont need a build those are great for a new user though.

You may have loaded CCcam for another image group.

Delete that and download through the image. Menu-Plugins-Softcams. Transfer your CCcam.cfg to the ect folder.

Hi @Ferret.

Thank you for your suggestions of earlier today!

Unfortunately, nothing that I tried worked with VIX image so I had to resort to familiarity and install openAtv 6.4; all is working now with Ccam 2.3.8

I'd like to thank everyone that has contributed assistance in this thread... I really appreciate it!

The cam controls system are different (unless you are using the python 3 version of Vix), that is why the ipk you used did not work. Would have been better to install the softcam from the plugin server. Anyway, you are sorted now.

Hi @Abu Baniaz.

Thank you for your response!

I did try to download it from the plugins server but the only one listed was 2.3.0, or something like that; I could not find 2.3.8, which is the one I needed AFAIK.

Ideally, I would like to use oscam, but I have failed miserably whenever I have tried. Hence my purchase of this new (to me) receiver, so that I can 'play and learn', hopefully...

Oh, that is conforting to know, @dsayers2014...

I am not an expert but have dabbled in satellite for several years - in the simplest forms - and, in the end, I did think that I must have been doing something wrong!

Back