Vu ultimo 4k white light

Hi guys picked up a vu ultimo 4k on ebay powers on but nothing on lcd and TV screen is blank although my tv detects a signal the minute I power on the box. Have tried to get it to flash but nothing so far lcd screen is just black

Hi guys picked up a vu ultimo 4k on ebay powers on but nothing on lcd and TV screen is blank although my tv detects a signal the minute I power on the box. Have tried to get it to flash but nothing so far lcd screen is just black
How have you been trying to flash it?
Have you tried several usb sticks?

Can you provide any more information?
Tried a few sticks.
Tried a few images.

What make sticks?
What images and image versions?
What happens when you try to flash it?
How have you been trying to flash it?
Have you powered on with the usb in while holding standby button?

The white light is usually a sign of box been in deep standby usually resolved by unplugging it at the main and then back in i guess not in your case.

It can also mean a hardware fault.

Open the box up remove the tuners and unplug any hard drives. Does it now boot ?

If it does not then i suggest your return it to the seller unless you were aware you was buying it in this state.

Yes I knew this when purchasing have removed everything its detects the remote when I press the remote buttons but won't come off white light I presume it's not fully dead as it detects remote and TV says hdmi available when I power it on just won't flash for me

Had same with my Ultimo4K, happened a few times, then would be fine again for a while.

Turned out the on/off switch is faulty, I found by switching it off, then firmly on again a few times, the box would boot, so must be a dodgy contact inside the switch itself.

I did remove the motherboard and try re soldering the switch incase it was a dry joint, but that made no difference.

Once I found that it would boot and remain booted I have never touched the switch again, I just pull the power cable out and reinsert it now if I need to and it's been working 100% for last 18 months like that.

Last edited:
Back